- Pay Rate:
£18.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
17.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Temporary PT Workforce Development Support Officer/Admin/Finance - Children's Services
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1191545
Pay rate: £18.27 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 17.50 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: WOOLWICH, London
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
Standard DBS required for this role
A PT Workforce Development Support Officer is required to co-ordinate the Step Up to Social Work programme and work with key stakeholders. To be responsible for coordinating the recruitment and induction of Step-Up candidates, lead on the quality assurance of data held and contribute to service improvement by providing information, data, analysis, and reporting within the service. To be responsible for day-to-day processing and management of financial information for the service, to ensure accuracy and up to date information is maintained and there will not be a significant negative impact on the service, SELT partnership and other organisations. Responsible for the day-to-day business support to the South East London Teaching Partnership and the Workforce development Team.
- Maintain personnel, financial and management information administrative systems, including sensitive information and records about students and staff.
- Monitor expenditure and support with finance processes such as bursary payments, purchase orders, processing and raising invoices, practice education payments, recharges and provide a report for budget monitoring and grant claims as required. Follow up on any outstanding invoices and track income and spending.
- Processing, coding, and requesting authorisation from authorised signatories and for liaising with finance and other internal departments, and external partner agencies to process invoices, bills, fees etc.
- Lead on the development of efficient and effective business support arrangements such as data collection and collation and action tracking to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service. Contribute to the evaluation and analysis of recording and the use of information systems to inform good practice and maintain a focus on positive outcomes for service users and their families.
- Be the point of contact (either by telephone, email, or face to face) and deal sensitively with all enquires, providing the most appropriate response, including advice and guidance, identify potential problems and facilitate their resolution, signposting to others, where appropriate, which may involve other internal and external professionals as necessary.
- Organise, attend and minute professional meetings and board meetings, where information of a sensitive nature may be discussed, and decisions made impacting on children and young people. To lead on implementing follow up actions and distributing information within the team and our wider partnership, within defined timescales.
- Responsible for the SELTP and Practice Academy circulation list, ensuring this matches the Memorandum of Understanding and Terms of Reference for the board and individual work groups. To ensure that all relevant professionals, significant organisations, and individuals receive appropriate documentation relating to the activities of the SELTP and Practice Academy.
- Liaise with professionals and agencies in the course of undertaking job related tasks to ensure training, conferences and other meetings are effective – this includes being a point of contact for any queries, arranging timetabling and speakers and ensuring that all delegates are aware and reminded of their action points within good time.
- Maintain accurate, up to date records safely and confidentially in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures. This will include the collection and analysing of statistical data and reporting to managers and wider partnership. Manage the team mailboxes, respond to enquiries and redirect mail as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment programme for Step Up across the SELTP and contribute to workforce development strategies through participation in project and development work.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentially.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Workforce Development Support Officer/Admin/Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.