- Pay Rate:
Up to £10.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- Dorchester, Dorset,
Temporary Brokerage Assistant x2 - Adult Social Care
Reference no: Dorset 5221370
Pay rate: Up to £10.47 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
Remote working but collection of IT from Dorchester, Dorset
The team are responsible for finding good quality social care and support for adults in Dorset who may have a range of physical, learning or mental health needs. The job holder will need to build excellent relationships with social care providers, social workers and health colleagues, and play a vital role in quickly sourcing the right care to meet people’s needs.
To provide a central brokerage service to source care home places and domiciliary packages for all adult services client groups. Under supervision, carry out non-complex fee negotiations with care home providers in relation to fee rates for individual packages through telephone contact and written communication, for final approval by operational Manager.
Full training and regular supervision and support along with opportunities for flexible and home working and development.
- Identify vacancies for both routine and urgent admissions of residential and respite placements, day care and individual domiciliary care packages of care.
- Capture and input accurate data through IT and manual systems as necessary in relation to all placements arranged and fee rates provided to be used for management information purposes.
- Provide a service which enables professional care management staff to be released from sourcing placements and the associated administrative functions and provides operational staff with advice on market availability.
- Under supervision, undertake non-complex fee negotiations for specific placements/packages and where these are set above the Council rates pass to operational staff for decision.
- Liaise with the Quality Improvement Team as part of the monitoring process alerting them of good and poor practice; obtain data information about issues of quality, contract compliance and registration status of care providers in order to achieve Best Value outcomes in the commissioning of care.
- Liaise with CQC on inspections reports about specific providers.
- Liaise with other local authorities regarding Quality of Providers for Out Of County placements.
- Establish excellent working relationships with operational staff delivering a service which is responsive and flexible.
- Establish excellent working relationships with contracted providers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSEs/’O’ Levels – Grade C or above, or equivalent including Maths and English.
Skills & Experience:
- A good general level of literacy and numeracy, great communication skills and an ability to follow processes, pay attention to detail, prioritise, plan, organise and negotiate.
- Awareness of service requirements and developments regarding older people, people with a learning disability, mental health needs and/or physical disability.
- Experience in Adult Social Care desirable.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Ability to build and sustain good working relationships both with colleagues and with external partners such as Health and providers.
- Ability to retain information and produce accurate/quality work.
- Ability to organise own workload effectively, prioritising tasks and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with a wide range of IT functions and systems.
- Experience of working within a pressured environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Brokerage Assistant x2 – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.