- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Role: Digital Portfolio Manager - Governance & Assurance Analyst (re-opened)
Contract Length: Anticipated 6 months
Location: Newcastle or Manchester. Please indicate your location preference
Pay Rate: Competitive Market Rate
A Portfolio Manager is required to plan and manage decisions regarding project and program timing, structure, and prioritisation. The successful candidate will focus on understanding the department's needs and aligning the strategy and project portfolio accordingly. This involves maintaining a holistic view of the project portfolio, identifying risks and challenges within individual projects, and recognising the interdependencies across the portfolio. Portfolio managers play a vital role in establishing effective governance across projects, ensuring quality assurance, expediting project delivery, and enforcing appropriate governance practices.
- Support the ongoing review of the Governance framework which assures that all projects across Digital are planned, prioritised and effectively delivered.
- Act as an SME in supporting teams to define and manage governance, implementing the necessary timing and controls to ensure effective delivery, scrutiny, and accountability for identified actions.
- Optimisation of the governance regime will be through learning, knowledge and reviews so requires individuals with experience of leading governance within a major organisation.
- Experience/development of governance and assurance frameworks
- Working at pace and prioritisation of workload
- Stakeholder engagement at senior level
- Experience of conducting in-depth research and translating analysis into practical implementation
- Development of products
- Analysing multiple information sources, producing reports appropriate for senior audiences, including making recommendations for changes.
- Benefit realisation and quality management, with experience of reviewing factors which impacted final outcomes.
- Identifying and responding to issues with appropriate methods to unblock and resolve.
- Managing risks at the board level.
- Project management role covering the full project lifecycle (either Waterfall or Agile delivery method).
- Managing stakeholders, including presenting and reporting at senior level.
- Awareness of and or formal training in Management of Portfolios, project and programme management (desirable).
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Please send your CV directly to [email protected]
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Digital Portfolio Manager - Governance & Assurance Analyst
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.