- Pay Rate:
£15.04 PAYE per hour
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday 09:30 – 17:30 TBC
Anticipated 3 months
Role: Clinical Coder
Contract Length: Anticipated 3 months
Hours: 37 Monday – Friday 09:30 – 17:30 TBC
Location: Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, DT1 2JY
Pay Rate: £15.04 PAYE per hour
DBS Required for this role TBC
OH Assessment required
Must have NHS Coding experience
You will be responsible for assigning correct clinical codes to Diagnoses and Operative Procedures against nationally agreed standards, in order to produce reliable clinical information for commissioning, reimbursement (based on HRG assignment), audit, research and performance indicator production. You will work with clinicians on a regular basis to help validate their coding in order to produce more accurate coding to facilitate the Payment by Results process.
Key Experience required:
- Demonstrable clinical coding experience across all specialties and levels of complexity, to be proven either by an acceptable portfolio of evidence or sitting and internal examination.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology; Anatomy and Physiology
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Ability to analyse and abstract complex records/data Apply coding conventions accurately and consistently.
- Translate complex cases where the procedure undertaken may not be readily codeable
Key Role Requirements & Responsibilities:
- To attend seminars and training courses in order to receive and interpret clinical coding updates and effectively communicate these to all necessary staff.
- Take part in departmental team meetings to discuss and agree local policy and coding convention variations as required, without contravening national standards to ensure consistency of coding across the Trust.
- To act as lead contact with designated specialties and communicate complex issues with clinicians on coding queries relating to diagnoses and operative procedures in order to ensure accuracy and consistency of information.
- Abstract and analyse complex clinical information from patient records and translate this into a coded format in line with National Standards.
- Code the specified number of episodes on a daily basis
- To be responsible on a day-to-day basis for the abstraction and analysis of complex and sensitive information from health records. This information often includes exposure to highly disturbing and upsetting details or photographs.
- To assist in the organisation of the day-to-day running of the office and use initiative to prioritise own workload to ensure that coding is carried out in an accurate, timely and complete manner.
- Act as mentor and assist in the education of less experienced coders
- Work as part of a team of experienced trained and trainee staff and the job will involve rotation between duties working on all specialties.
- Locate source documents, read and analyse histology and cytology reports. Access information from help sources i.e. internet coding websites, and other online medical information sites.
- Manage and resolve enquiries relating to complex clinical information from all parts of the hospital received in the Department.
- Ensure patient records are processed in the correct manner and paper records are tracked to appropriate destinations using the computer tracking system. .
- 5 GCSEs including English& Maths or equivalent level of attainment
- Educated to NVQ Level 4 or equivalent
- Accredited Clinical Coding Qualification (ACC)
- Ideally ACC trained, but will consider without ACC if they pass in-house assessment.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV back to [email protected]
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.