- Pay Rate:
£15.33 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
A Standard DBS is required
A Senior ICT Officer - Cloud Navigation is required to support an organisation currently engaged on a transformational programme to move its infrastructure to Microsoft Cloud services. ‘Cloud Navigator’ is an ambitious programme involving several workstreams.
The technical delivery team is looking to engage additional resource to offer technical support to technical project leads for workstreams 1 and 2, and to assist with the delivery of IT Service Management tasks such as documentation of technical systems and processes, and the development of new governance models.
This role will entail remote working during the current lockdown, however this will be reviewed, and some attendance to the office may be required in the future.
It is essential that you have practical experience of managing M365/O365 services including Exchange Online, SharePoint and Teams, a fundamental understanding of Azure and recent experience of working in a medium-large IT department.
Previous experience of working on a large cloud migration programme along with a M365/O365/Azure certification or significant experience in both areas is desirable along with ideally an understanding of the ITSM role.
Duties to include:
- Org wide M365 migration and rollout of new services
- Migration of on-premise services to Azure
- Commissioning an org wide data analysis/visualisation platform
- Innovation and automation using the Power Platform suite
- Organisational adoption and change management
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Standard DBS Required: Your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- M365/O365/Azure certification or significant experience in both areas - Desirable
- **Please provide details of all qualifications held, especially any professional qualifications relating to the role
- Knowledge & Skills:
- A fundamental understanding of Azure
- An understanding of the ITSM role - Desirable
- Practical experience of managing M365/O365 services including Exchange Online, SharePoint and Teams.
- Experience of working in a medium-large IT department.
- Experience of working on a large cloud migration programme – Desirable
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Senior ICT Officer (Cloud Navigation) - IT
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.