- Pay Rate:
£17.21 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
An Enhanced DBS is required for this role.
A Child Death Review (CDR) Co-Ordinator/Administrator is required to support the Child Death Review (CDR) Process within the local area and across the wider CDR footprint.
The post holder will support the DPH in their role as Chair of CDOP.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the ongoing operation and business of the local Child Death Overview Panel (incl. convening quarterly meetings, preparing papers, minuting meetings and following up actions). Therefore, it is essential that you have previous experience of Committee administration and of taking minutes of meetings.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing the first point of contact for all child deaths in the local area
- Informing all relevant professionals (including the LeDeR programme when relevant) of child deaths, or refer cases to relevant boroughs as appropriate.
- Convening rapid response meetings for unexpected child deaths.
- Supporting the Designated Doctor / Specialist Adviser in chairing meetings, minute and follow up actions.
- Maintaining a child death database including the individual electronic files for all child deaths in the local area
- Managing the ongoing operation and business of the local Child Death Overview Panel (incl. convening quarterly meetings, preparing papers, minuting meetings and following up actions).
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Enhanced DBS is required: Your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Qualifications: **Please provide details of all qualifications held, especially any professional qualifications relating to the role
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & in writing to a wide range of people
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets & deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Self-motivated, flexible and resourceful
- Strong Commitment to Customer Care
- Experience of working within a local government/ local authority setting for a minimum of 12 months - essential
- Prior experience of liaising with professionals across a wide range of partner organisations - essential
- Proven experience of handling a busy and varied workload to tight deadlines
- Previous experience of Minute taking
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temp Child Death Review (CDR) Co-Ordinator/Administrator
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.