- Pay Rate: £201.31 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 3 months
- London, N11 1NP
An experienced Corporate Programmes Lead is required who will work closely with senior managers to initiate and co-ordinate new projects in support of corporate programmes, including the MTFS savings programme for Growth & Corporate Services. The post holder will lead and manage the programmes, ensuring effective governance and reporting arrangements are in place. You will have strong programme management skills, a track record of delivering high quality outputs and an ability to work under pressure and with a wide range of colleagues across the organisation. You will display excellent judgement and political awareness.
Project and Programme Management
- Establish and maintain a corporate programmes framework outlining responsibility and accountability for projects and programmes
- Establish governance arrangements to provide assurance on the delivery of key projects and programmes to meet the key strategic priorities
- Oversee governance arrangements, including appropriate risk management related to key projects and programmes
- Maintain oversight of key projects and programmes and reporting to relevant Boards and/or CMT
- Provide programme reports and relevant analysis for key stakeholders
- Challenge and review project management and delivery, identifying areas for improvement, advocating for effective project management and the delivery of benefits
- Respond to internal audit reviews and implement action plans within agreed deadlines
- Support a culture that drives continual improvement, efficiency savings and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Corporate and Directorate Programmes
- Work with senior managers across the Directorate to translate identified savings and growth into new projects that support the transformation programme
- Provide advice and support to project and programme boards at specific points of the project/programme cycle, from initiation to project management and delivery of benefits
- Initiate new projects; provide advice and support to project leads on initial scope and design of business cases, project plans, resources and controls
- Undertake options appraisals, assessments and evaluations to support outline and full business cases
- Advise on the most effective and efficient delivery model for new projects
- Ensure value for money is achieved through the design and delivery of projects and programmes
- Ensure project controls and governance arrangements are in place and projects across the Directorate are joined up, focused on priority areas and managed as a programme
- Manage corporate and Directorate programmes providing expertise
- Manage project/programme budgets within agreed financial parameters and undertake budget monitoring and forecasting
- Client any contracts with external consultants or providers, undertaking gateway review and quality assurance activities, including commissioning specialist external advisory support
- Ensure benefit realisation plans in place and benefits are tracked/tested
- Ensure change is effectively managed, advising on engagement activities or other controls.
Leadership and Management
- Provide strong and visible leadership on the design and management of projects and programmes, advising on the management and delivery of change across the organisation
- Develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, partner organisations and external bodies.
- Ensure effective communication across all stakeholders in relation to project and programme management, building support and engagement
- Ensure any issues or complaints are dealt with and resolved
- Communicate, maintain and continuously review the use of corporate standards for project and programme management.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- At least 5 years experience of working in a project and programme environment (either project manager or programme manager)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent by experience.
- Project and programme management qualifications or equivalent by experience.
- Project Management Professional: PMP.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to plan, manage and deliver complex projects
- Ability to prepare and write reports on project progress to client and all contractors and sub contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, motivation and negotiation skills
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with a can-do and flexible attitude to work
- Demonstrable experience in project and programme management, providing visible leadership and effective working relationships with stakeholders, preferably in a local government setting.
- Experience of programme design and delivery, including mechanisms for governance, control, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of initiating new projects, including options appraisals, assessments and evaluations for business cases; and preparation of project plans.
- Proven track record of managing project and programme budgets and undertaking budget monitoring/forecasting.
- Experience of tracking and delivering benefits and managing change.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Corporate Programmes Lead (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.