- Pay Rate:
£30.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, Essex,
Interim Engineer – Traffic Schemes
Reference no: Havering RQ790834
Pay rate: £30.00 per hour PAYE
Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle or ability to travel to attend site visits
Requirement to work outside normal office hours on occasions
To lead and coordinate engineering projects from inception to completion, carrying out engineering duties that can include technical advice, feasibility exercises, surveys, investigations, and reports, including all work associated with the design and construction of projects / tasks. The Traffic Scheme Engineer will need a recognised professional qualification in engineering or acceptable proven technical ability together with experience in the public or private sector to successfully operate at engineering level.
- Delivery of highways, traffic and parking schemes and individual projects.
- Lead and coordinate the delivery of a number of projects or tasks of varying complexity, using Autocad software as required. Projects may require input from more than one professional discipline. To ensure that quality assurance is carried out and the work is of a professional standard, and programmes are adhered to and project are contained within financial limits in terms of the work and staff costs and within timescales provided. Maintain regular and effective liaison with all clients on the delivery of projects.
- Lead projects from start to finish within the budget and timescales given in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015.
- Attend meetings on site (alone if necessary) providing guidance for clients and instructions for contractors as appropriate.
- Attend meetings out of hours as required as required by the project or task being undertaken.
- Maintain communication with project teams.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A recognised professional qualification in engineering or acceptable proven technical ability.
- Experience in the public or private sector to successfully operate at engineering level.
- Experience of leading and coordinating projects.
- Experience of successfully assisting with budgets.
- Able to demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving with a successful outcome.
- Proven experience of working with staff at all levels of the organisation and developing effective relationships with relevant people, groups, departments and companies.
- Experience of assisting other staff for improved and sustained delivery.
- Experience of engineering in a highways, traffic and parking service.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload to ensure deadlines are met through busy periods and to monitors and adjust plans as necessary.
- Ability to communicate the plans to appropriate staff / stakeholders.
- Able to analyse and understand delivery and range of services, providing solutions to individual customer needs and to develop and maintain constructive relationships with customers.
- Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle or ability to travel to attend site visits in all weather.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Engineer – Traffic Schemes
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.