- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Digital UX Designer - Remote Working – PSR 1JP00065535 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote working with one or two days, in the office (based in Croydon), a month.
Contract: Anticipated 12 months.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
A Digital UX Designer is needed on a contract basis for approximately 12 months to work in a multidisciplinary team, alongside researchers and developers, to deliver word-class, user-centred services for the organisation.
You will be an expert user of the GDS Prototyping kit, with the ability to design and build components to share into the design library and build interactive prototypes. Prototyping experience is essential.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help
- Knowledge of government design
- GDS Design
- Experience of working in an agile space
What you’ll do:
- Design accessible services that are simple enough for everyone to use.
- As an experience designer, you’ll determine the best way for users to interact with services, the overall flow and individual design elements.
- Mentor and train other designers, supporting the growth and development of the interaction design team.
- You will have an understanding of the way the internet works, experience of designing in an agile environment and be driven to help government transform the way it delivers services so that they are simpler, faster and easier to use.
- Identifying, developing and using best practice and standards to design service
- Supporting and mentoring Interaction Designers, allocating tasks and providing them with guidance, training and constructive feedback
- Advocating for users and understanding user needs to design simple, effective and accessible services
- Creating prototypes and concepts to communicate and test ideas with users and improving with evidence
- Mapping user journeys, processes and visualising design problems
- Collaborating within a multidisciplinary team on large, complex services by facilitating the design process, participating in research activities, workshops and communicating design decisions to the team and stakeholders
Who you are:
- Emerging Technology Monitoring (EMRG) – level 3
- Development and Implementation, experience of Systems Development and Prototyping
- Previous experience of User Experience Design (HCEV) – LEVEL 4
- Interaction Design- Level 4
- Inclusion- Level 3
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Digital UX Designer *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.