- Pay Rate: £9.36 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 20 Monday – Friday, working hours TBC
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Preston, PR1 2RL
A Part Time Clerk Receptionist is required to provide a part-time receptionist and light caretaking service for tenants of a group of managed light industrial local workshops.
Duties to include:
- To undertake general reception duties, including telephone answering / message taking for occupants, and mail distribution. The use of a PC and familiarity with Word, Excel, Outlook is essential to the post.
- To deal with any initial internal or external enquiries from existing or potential tenants; and liaise with line manager over prospective lettings, transfers or terminations, and to maintain a list of interested parties in the units.
- To maintain tenant records, including lease agreements and application forms, appropriate filing and stationery requests.
- To show prospective tenants around vacant units; maintaining up-to-date information on all units.
- Booking of meeting space. Locking and unlocking of public rooms.
- Ensuring building/grounds maintenance and cleaning contracts have been carried out satisfactorily; and liaison with contractors where problems arise.
- Covering for holidays and sick leave of the 20 hr / week part-time staff receptionist on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays (09.00 to 15.40)
- To undertake light caretaking duties including: Ensuring waste disposal unit is clean, and incidental waste removed; common area light bulbs are replaced; common area access keys are kept in working order and common areas are checked and secured each day.
- To assist in the undertaking and enforcement of health and safety issues, including the periodic undertaking of fire drills in the building complex, and liaising with tenants on certain health and safety issues.
- To undertake weekly fire alarm tests at a neighbouring Council owned workshops premises
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications:**Please provide details of all qualifications held, especially any professional qualifications relating to the role
- Knowledge & Skills:
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, in person and in writing
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data
- Able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and analytical approach
- Ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines, particularly when faced with changing circumstances
- Self-motivated; able to demonstrate energy and commitment, putting in the work necessary to meet deadlines and achieve results
- Ability to work effectively both as part of a team and individually
- Strong Commitment to Customer Car
- Previous experience in a similar reception role
- Please provide details of all relevant experience
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary P/T Clerk Receptionist – Facilities
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.