- Pay Rate:
£10.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- GOSPORT, Hampshire,
Temporary Income Recovery Officer - Housing
Reference no: Portsmouth 5218178
Pay rate: £10.32 per hour PAYE
Car driver with valid licence and insurance or ability to travel throughout the county, as there is a requirement to undertake home visits
May be required to work outside normal office hours from time to time
This role is based within the accommodation and lettings team and is responsible for maximising rental income and minimising debt for temporary accommodation properties. To provide advice and support when needed to enable people to solve problems and cope to stay in their homes, by engaging with customers to understand their circumstances and identify the barriers that prevent them meeting their responsibilities as a tenant. There is a requirement to undertake home visits to fully engage with customers.
- Maximise rental income and minimise debt for temporary accommodation properties.
- Provide advice and support to enable people to solve problems and cope to stay in their homes.
- Undertake home visits to fully engage with customers.
- Engage with customers to understand their circumstances and identity the barriers that prevent them meeting their responsibilities as a tenant.
- Record information accurately and write formal letters.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent customer service skills with a positive attitude when faced with challenging situations.
- Ability to remain calm and have excellent listening skills, using knowledge gained to fully understand customers’ circumstances and resolve any problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to provide clear and effective advice to the customer to ensure that they understand their responsibilities and the consequences of their decisions.
- Confident and assertive and able to ask the right questions in the right way to uncover the facts.
- Experience of dealing with people in a challenging front line service.
- Knowledge of the welfare benefit system and a general understanding of rental income collection and debt recovery.
- Clear written communication skills including the ability to record information accurately and write formal letters.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- **Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Income Recovery Officer - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.