- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Newcastle Upon Tyne,
Temporary Roadworker - Highways
Reference no: Newcastle 6120513668635
CSCS Card required
The post-holder will execute a variety of tasks accepted throughout the industry for general highways/ civil engineering ground works in either a maintenance or scheme environment
- Installation of play equipment.
- Concreting, small areas of paving
- Timber fencing and Timber edging.
- Undertake all other general tasks of the same nature
- Complete daily and weekly record sheets and forms.
- Work at all times in accordance with safe systems of work, Health and safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in a highways/ civil engineering environment.
- Experienced in the use of Highway Plant and machines.
- Experience of working with and in liaison with other contractors.
- CSCS Accredited.
- Knowledge of construction related Health and Safety Issues/ legislation/ safe working practices.
- Knowledge of highways functions, excavation, lifting and relaying flags/ kerbs/ blocks and laying and compacting stone/ tarmac and concrete.
- Ability to keep basic records and documentation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible including working outside normal office hours
- Physically fit and capable to carry out duties.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships at all levels.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full driving licence preferable but not essential.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Roadworker x 6 - Highways
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.