- Pay Rate:
Up to £286.10 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Chartered Accountant - Remote Working – PSR 1JP00060622
Pay Rate: Up to £286.10 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote until at least the new year, then possibly hybrid 1-2 days a week.
Office locations Belfast, Ballymena, Dundonald, Omagh, Armagh. It is essential that you are NI based
- Overseeing and coordinating the year end accounts process, (including cross directorate engagement) in line with the Financial Reporting Manual, accounts direction and other guidance as appropriate;
- Oversee and coordinate the work required for the year end Trust and Endowment accounts process in line with the accounts direction;
- Oversee and coordinate the work required for the year end WGA process in line with the accounts direction;
- Liaise and coordinate with NIAO on the audit of the annual accounts for and as appropriate;
- Follow up outstanding NIAO and internal audit recommendations as appropriate;
- To develop and maintain financial policies, procedures and processes which support Budget holders comply with relevant legal, regulatory, and statutory performance requirements.
- To collaborate with Services such as Accounts Payable, Procurement Service, Accounts Receivable and Other services to ensure successfully delivering high quality business and finance support
- Contribute to arrangements for continuously improving the service to ensure delivery against performance targets, and to ensure that best value for money is achieved
- To embed month end finance procedures including identifying and implementing efficiencies and developing monthly accruals accounting
- To analyse, investigate, and resolve any queries or discrepancies raised by the Functional Leads and advice on options for any necessary remedial action and their associated impact.
- To work with the Functional Leads to identify and manage key strategic risks impacting on the delivery of teams, Directorate and objectives.
- To report to the team on financial queries and respond to queries as appropriate
- Keep up to date on new technical accounting requirements and new/updated accounting standards
- Represent the Directorate on working groups or meetings as appropriate.
- To assist Functional Leads, identify and manage key strategic risks impacting on the delivery of teams, directorate and objectives.
- Managing staff as assigned, in line with policy and procedures.
- Chartered accountant qualification
- Year-end reporting experience
- Previous experience of liaising with auditors
- Strong background of compliance with financial account standards
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Public Sector experience
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Chartered Accountant - Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.