- Pay Rate:
Up to £495 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior ITSM Knowledge Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066794 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £495 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid – 2 days per week in the Office in either London, Milton Keynes or East Kilbride .
Contract Length: Anticipated 6 months.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
The Senior ITSM Knowledge Manager is a role within the IT Service Management department, reporting into the Head of Service Experience.
You should have clear expertise in knowledge management as this role will be the lead of the capability, rather than transferrable skills.
They are responsible for developing and maintaining processes and procedures for the capture, storage, validation and retrieval of self-help knowledge which will be accessible to all Users.
The Senior ITSM Knowledge Manager picks up feeds from numerous sources, such as the Service Desk, Product teams and End Users and collates knowledge within easy to use repositories.
They will be responsible for promoting collective learning and facilitating the sharing of ‘tacit’ knowledge within the team, fostering an environment which promotes knowledge exchange by promoting techniques and tools for knowledge sharing.
What you’ll do:
- Documenting and maintaining Knowledge Management strategies, processes and procedures for the capture, storage, validation and retrieval of knowledge.
- Enabling the Service Desk, Product Teams and Resolver Groups to create knowledge articles resulting from the resolution of Incidents and Problems to ensure that all critical knowledge is retained within the team.
- Developing and maintaining the Knowledge Base, identifying critical knowledge to ensure that all users are equipped with the IT knowledge required to do their day to day activities.
- Completing quality spot checks on knowledge articles, ensuring that published content is of an appropriate standard and in line with accessibility requirements.
- Performing the role of Major Incident Manager on an ad hoc basis, as part of a wider Major Incident support team, coordinating the resolution of Major Incidents. (Note that support and guidance will be provided).
- Completing timely reporting activity on the usage of knowledge articles flagging knowledge articles which are un-used for review.
- Championing knowledge management awareness, tools and techniques within wider IDD and across the team.
- Proactively focusing on continuous improvement of self and service, working with others to improve the user experience, simplify processes and improve efficiency of IT Services to enable the Government’s diplomatic, development and consular work around the world.
Who you are:
- Clear expertise in knowledge management as this role will be the lead of the capability
- Strong technical skills and a proven track record of enabling Knowledge Management
- Strategic Thinking
- User Focus
- Service Focus
- Continual Service Improvement
- Service Management Framework knowledge
- A minimum of ITIL Foundation is required for this role.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior ITSM Knowledge Manager *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.