- Pay Rate:
Up to £286.10 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 8 months
Interim Project Manager - Education -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00059433 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £286.10 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
It is essential that you are based in N Ireland for this role.
Location: Hybrid – 20% in office, travelling required to schools in the area.
The Project Manager will be responsible for delivering large scale/ complex projects through the full project life cycle in accordance with the agreed budget.
You will be the contact point for all issues pertaining to the project(s) assigned to them, including liaison with the Team and stakeholders across the Education team, and external suppliers to ensure delivery is consistent with project plan.
You will work closely with team members and Workstream Lead to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, budget restrictions and schedules are on track.
You will be responsible for managing and leading a team of employees within the service, this may include managing employees across all of the offices.
- Through the delivery of comprehensive project management, the SPMs for the Education Programme will support the Workstream Lead and relevant Business Leaders to ensure the effective and efficient development and delivery of Education Projects, in order to meet the Authority’s strategic objectives.
- To work with colleagues across the education Services, and other Directorates across the Authority; to ensure that technology solutions and good project governance (as set by the Project Management Office), are delivered to enhance the operations of the Authority; and ultimately contribute to supporting improved outcomes for children and young people.
- To play a key role in realising the transformation objectives within the service and across other Directorates.
- To ensure that regular status reporting on projects is provided to the Workstream Lead and where required appropriate Programme Board and PMO, ensuring any issues are quickly escalated to the appropriate level.
- To manage the risk profile of the project and provide early warning on all assurance matters.
- To be responsible for the planning and overall management of a work programme that may include several projects, or work streams within large scale programme or portfolio and the management of teams engaged in the development of systems or services.
- To lead the procurement, design and implementation of the following Services:
- Overall responsibility for the successful procurement, initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects or workstreams allocated to them.
- To work closely with Team members to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
- Responsibilities include submitting project deliverables, preparing status reports, and establishing effective project communication plans as well as the proper execution of plans.
- To be responsible for managing and delivering a project work programme that may contain several strands within a project, programme or portfolio structure.
- To make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, in line with agreed parameter’s/budgets set by the Head of Service/Programme Director.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Project Manager - Education
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.