- Pay Rate: £20.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
- This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- London, EN1 3ES
A Web Content Editor is required to review layout and content of HR Sharepoint intranet pages and documents with the purpose of redesigning/re-writing these to ensure customers can find information with ease. Policy documents need to become interactive and web design should be as creative as possible maximise HR content in order to reduce demand on the team.
- Providing advice on appropriate content and images and ensuring accessiblity requirements are met based on the House Style Guidelines and Tone of Voice Guide, accessibility requirements and online best practice
- Content-manage WordPress-based microsites
- Ensuring content (text/image/video) is in line with copyright laws and GDPR
- Ensuring all content published on the website adopts appropriate metadata
- Reviews documents intended for use on the website/microsites, to ensure consistency of branding, suitability and functionality
- Maintenance of content and upload to the Content Management System (CMS)
- Includes basic graphic design (e.g. Photoshop), and familiarity of best-practice User Experience/Interface (UX/UI) principles
- Engagement with employees about their content requirements and Providing insights to council employees on how well their content is performing using a variety of analytics tools
- Advising on design, website best-practice, image creation/manipulation, and ensuring accuracy and compliance with guidelines
- Support and contribute towards cross-departmental meetings and working parties, providing advice on web content as required
- Supporting incident/problem resolution on website issues, including logging, tracking and following up incident calls with the IT Service Desk
- Track the effectiveness of website content using available tools for analytics, such as Google Analytics
- Monitor health of website content using a range of other tools e.g. SwiftType, Sitemorse
- Perform regular audits of the council website to ensure compliance with required standards and best-practice guidance.
The applicant must be willingness to work outside of standard business hours if needed.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Web design skills.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Excellent English literacy (written and verbal) and good numeracy skills.
- Ability to be customer focussed and give support.
- Example of showing resilience.
- Copywriting experience for both web and policy documents
- Experience of reviewing, editing and publishing online content- adapting it to follow the house and tone of voice style guidelines.
- Experience of using Sharepoint.
- Experience of using Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Experience in creating effective content for web pages that meet accessibility requirements.
- Experience using web Content Management Systems.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
- Experience of Microsoft Search content optimisation.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Web Content Editor – Customer Experience (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.