- Pay Rate:
£35.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- PRESTON, Lancashire,
Interim Senior Estates Surveyor
Reference no: Lancashire RQ785865
Pay rate: £35.00 per hour PAYE
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel throughout the county
An experienced professional Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) with at least 3 years post qualification experience in Estates Surveying is required to deliver a commercially effective professional estates and valuation service. A good knowledge of Lancashire is essential for this role.
The role will require providing specialist professional services and advice to customers and regularly supporting and advising senior managers within their specialist area. To use expertise to deal with highly complex and high-risk issues across a range of situations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professionally qualified Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS in Commercial Real Estates) plus substantial experience demonstrating development through involvement in a series of progressively demanding roles.
- A Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS) with a minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience on all land and property matters concerned with the development, acquisition, regeneration, disposal, hiring, letting and management of land and property in either /both an urban/rural context.
- Experience in preparing, attending (as expert witness) or conducting cases at public inquiries, hearings, tribunals or the equivalent desirable.
- Experience of using up to date and authoritative knowledge in a technical/specialist area to support delivery of a complex operation/function/service.
- Experience of working in different operational areas or supporting
- activity across different service.
- Experience of providing effective support for operational activity or service undergoing change and challenge.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven ability to implement and deliver complex and challenging solutions which are consistent with existing, new or evolving policy/procedure.
- Effective communication and networking skills with a wide range of staff and external organisations.
- Demonstrative knowledge of the application, principles, theory and practice of the specialist area of responsibility.
- Ability to apply technical/specialist judgement to ensure service area objectives are achieved.
- Ability to plan and organise a range of complex activities and priorities within a focused area of service.
- Comprehensive understanding of all existing Policy and Procedures in the service area and application in a changeable and challenging environment.
- Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel throughout the county.
- Willingness to attend out of hours related activities and training where necessary.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Estates Surveyor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.