- Pay Rate:
£13.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- CHESTER, Cheshire,
Temporary Senior Payroll Administrator – Finance / HR
Reference no: W Cheshire 5205372
Pay rate: £13.91 per hour PAYE
Working from home
To provide administrative, technical and supervisory support across a comprehensive range of personnel activities to ensure that personnel/admin processes, information management, pay administration and contractual correspondence with employees are all delivered in accordance with Transactional Service Centre (TSC) standards, objectives and statutory requirements.
- Direct, supervise, and support a team of staff undertaking specialised administrative and technical processes and procedures and monitor their work in every respect to ensure accuracy of data.
- Undertake complex checking, evaluation, calculations and information processing so that management and control of the payroll runs, reconciliation and other processes that pay employees, ensuring that procedures are followed accurately and that all transactions are accounted for and auditable.
- Manage and control the pay runs, reconciliation and other processes that pay staff, pensioners, suppliers and clients, ensuring that procedures are followed accurately and that all remuneration is accounted for and auditable.
- Advise on and apply policies, practices, procedures and statutory regulations as they relate to terms and conditions of employment and pay of staff and pensioners to ensure that these are implemented accurately and consistently throughout the service.
- Respond to non-routine and complex enquires from a wide range of contacts using discretion and judgement in forming responses so that advice on the area of work dealt with by the Transactional Service Centre is consistently given in accordance with agreed policies and statutory legislation and within defined procedures.
- Liaise, as appropriate, with other Departments (e.g. Finance, Billing and Debt) to ensure an effective interface on all collaborative processes (e.g. recruitment, contractual, debt recovery costing, legal and pay issues).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- BTEC Higher or equivalent.
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar role or context.
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of relevant Terms and Conditions of employment with a detailed understanding of National T&C’s frameworks as outlined by the National Negotiating Bodies.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of HMRC Regulations including tax and NI calculations.
- A complete understanding of customer care principles and practices.
- Comprehensive working knowledge and experience of policy interpretation, business procedures, employment law, statutory legislation and pension scheme regulations.
- Experience of supervising staff including allocating and monitoring workloads.
- Comprehensive use of and experience of Unit 4 HR and Payroll to deliver timely and accurate payout and associated activities.
- Specialist and working knowledge of complex terms and conditions specifically within the LA environment.
- Fully conversant with Unit 4 HR and Payroll having particular regard to how the Work Structures underpin system functionality.
- Extensive knowledge and application of relevant Terms and Conditions of employment as agreed locally by the Councils.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Payroll Administrator – Finance / HR
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.