- Pay Rate:
£13.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Customer Service Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Reference no: Gloucestershire 5224406
Pay Rate: £13.17 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Officer to support the Customer Service function of the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) and Children’s Single Point of Access (C-SPA).
Within the MASH and C-SPA there is a Business Support Team who supports Social Workers and partners to ensure the safety of our vulnerable children in the area. The Customer Service Officers are part of the ‘Front Door’ and are the first point of contact via email, portal or phone.
- Engage with all customers in a courteous, prompt, and appropriate manner using excellent written and verbal communication skills at all times and in accordance with agreed customer service standards and statutory procedures relevant to the service area.
- Respond to customer requests for information or a service using appropriate resources to ensure the highest quality service is maintained.
- Ensure that all enquiries are acknowledged and responded to in a consistent and timely manner, in line with relevant standards and procedures.
- Create and accurately maintain all electronic records ensuring compliance with the Data Protection Act for the customer services team and all partner services and agencies.
- Ensure resulting service referrals are created and shared accurately and with an appropriate level of urgency in line with relevant standards and procedures.
- Engage with difficult or upset customers in a professional and courteous manner in line with corporate procedures e.g., the Corporate Complaints Policy.
- Accurately handle petty cash, cheques and credit card payments where applicable complying with relevant regulations and processes at all times.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Experience of providing information to people using a variety of communication channels including social media.
- Experience of recording accurate information using electronic databases and communication channels.
- Experience of working effectively with people who are distressed, confused or angry.
- Experience in working under pressure and dealing positively with stressful situations.
- Experience of working with multi agency partners.
- Experience of working with data and sensitive information.
- Call handling experience.
- An understanding of how to work in a confidential office environment.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced time measured environment.
- High level of IT literacy in a Microsoft Office environment with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and Windows Internet Browser.
- Excellent data input skills and the ability to accurately direct input all electronic data in real time.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Accurate numeracy skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills with a flexible and adaptable approach to challenges.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Customer Service Officer (Admin and Clerical)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.