- Pay Rate:
£16.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35, flexible working over a 7 day working week
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Temporary Reablement Operations Support Officer – Adult Social Care
Reference no: Islington RQ801591
Pay rate: £16.09 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Flexible working over a 7 day working week will be required to fit in with the needs of the service
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
Reablement enables individuals to regain or maximise their independence through intensive, short-term support, building on their strengths and enabling people to live healthy independent lives for as long as possible in their own homes, or the place they call home. The Reablement Service is for adults with a range of needs including learning disability, physical and sensory needs, mental health and older people both in community and hospital settings across various locations.
The service is currently delivered 365 days from 8am – 10pm. Flexible working over a 7 day working week will be required to fit in with the needs of the service. The post holder will exemplify best practice in working with adults in strengths based and person centred way, connecting people with informal, community based support wherever possible.
- Responsible for producing documents, including structure charts, tables, spreadsheets, graphs and flowcharts observing time scales.
- Responsible for managing the duty telephone line including handling telephone calls effectively, taking and emailing messages or redirecting calls.
- Organise meetings and invitations, take notes/minutes of meetings and ensure actions and follow-up work is carried out accurately and efficiently.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of appropriate training of staff, including induction and on-line training.
- Lead responsibility for stock taking of inventory, office equipment and managing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplies.
- Lead responsibility for audit and management of the Service User’s keys and key safe system.
- Responsible for the ordering of stationery and other goods for the Reablement Service directly from suppliers, ensuring that systems are in place to ensure accurate records are kept of delivery and that invoices are processed for payment. To advise the Reablement Manager of any budget issues for Stationery supplies.
- Support Reablement Managers with the processing and recording of invoices for stationery and facilities management in accordance with resource and finance governance processes.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in a large organisation providing administrative services.
- Knowledge of Adult Social Care services.
- Awareness of statutory requirements relating to regulated services, CQC standards.
- Ability to work to tight and challenging deadlines, demonstrating initiative and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
- Ability to liaise and consult with user groups, frontline staff and other sections, as required.
- Ability to analyse written and numerical information, producing accurate recommendations, often through the effective use of IT.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to co-ordinate and produce communications, documents and reports.
- Ability to draft correspondence and minutes, using word processing facilities.
- Ability to be able to use information technology to organise and carry out daily tasks, including apps, computers and SMART phones.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Reablement Operations Support Officer – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.