- Pay Rate:
£17.51 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Temporary Procurement and Contract Officer - Housing
Reference no: Kensington 5219188
Pay rate: £17.51 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
To support the Procurement and Contract Management Team Managers in securing the continuous development, improvement, efficiency and success of the Temporary Accommodation and Resettlement department as a whole. To commission, procure, and manage the supply of accommodation, including temporary accommodation, direct lets, and private rented sector accommodation and to ensure the effective supply of accommodation for households in housing need.
- Assist with developing and delivering strategies, policies and programmes to ensure the effective supply and management of accommodation for homeless cases, with a strong focus on reducing levels of usage and promoting value for money.
- Commission, procure, and manage the supply of accommodation, including temporary accommodation, direct lets, and private rented sector accommodation.
- Successfully tender, evaluate and let contracts to providers, ensuring quality, value for money and compliance with the Council’s financial regulations and legal requirements, as well as those imposed by external agencies such as London Councils and the MHCLG.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with private sector landlords, local managing and lettings agents and owners of empty properties in order to secure use of privately rented properties for households in housing need in the Borough.
- Carry out inspections of properties in order to assess their suitability for households in housing need, investigate persistent disrepair complaints and/or to take property inventories for those properties. This will include some properties outside the Borough’s boundaries.
- Ensure the effective supply of accommodation for households in housing need and providing effective contract monitoring support. Contributing to the delivery of ad hoc accommodation-related projects, including tenancy audits, delivery of property decant programmes and new contract development.
- Ensure that demand and supply data and performance and financial information related to the accommodation portfolio is routinely collected, analysed and acted upon.
- Ensure that the performance of all accommodation-related projects, contracts and service level agreements is effectively reviewed, monitored and evaluated, and that any under-performance, service failure and/or financial and legal issues are addressed swiftly and appropriately.
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure effective move-on from emergency accommodation, helping to minimise high-cost placements and subsidy loss.
- Interpreting and assessing customer needs, preparing forecasts and supply plans, identifying trends or mix, type, location, etc.
- Actively liaise with landlords, providers and managing agents where accommodation-related problems are identified to ensure that actions are taken to resolve any issues raised.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications.
- Qualified to undertake property inspection under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System or ability to obtain qualification desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of procurement and contract management including identifying and successfully addressing under performance.
- An understanding of the private rented sector and of the issues relating to the acquisition of accommodation, including security of tenure, health and safety, housing standards, and housing benefit regulations.
- Experience of working with private landlords and lettings agents.
- Experience of working in a social/Private sector housing environment or related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including the ability to negotiate with accommodation providers and the ability to write letters, report, and procedures using plain English.
- Experience of communicating effectively to customers and at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to relate the department’s objectives and policies in relation to the service, and to communicate these concisely, simply and sensitively to colleagues, customers and partners.
- Ability to manage a varied and demanding workload, and to provide a consistently high quality of work with limited supervision.
- Ability to assess and communicate service issues and problems and identify and cost appropriate responses and solutions.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Procurement and Contract Officer - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.