- Pay Rate:
£60.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- NUNEATON, Warwickshire,
Full Job Title: Interim Principal Planning Officer – Development Control
Job Reference: Nuneaton 5219989
Pay Rate: £60.00 per hour PAYE
To contribute to achieving the Council’s vision by providing a comprehensive Development Control Service, in accordance with Service Development Plans, performance targets, legislation and the Council’s Service Standards and policies.
- To assist in the delivery and management of the Development Control Service.
- Processing of planning applications including registration, consultation, negotiations, vetting of written up applications, preparation of Committee agendas, presentation at Committee and issue of decisions.
- In appropriate cases exercising delegated authority.
- Investigation and assessment of complaints about unauthorised activities and carrying out of any necessary enforcement procedures, including the service of notices, formal cautions and acting as the Council’s head witness in Public Inquiries and at Court.
- Attendance at public meetings when required.
- Provision of advice and information to the public and other customers on planning matters.
- To supervise and train professional officers, planning assistants, work experience placements, students and technical staff.
- Contribute when required to other projects included in the Service Unit’s work programme.
- Contribute when required to corporate projects and other working groups.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Diploma or Degree in Town & Country Planning, or equivalent discipline (such as geography, construction, architecture or design) at graduate or post graduate level
- Undertake on-going CPD (consistent with RTPI recommendations).
- Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute or working towards membership of the RTPI.
- Experience working as a planner/planning assistant
- Experience of working in a Local Authority
- Experience of working with the public
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of current planning related legislation.
- An understanding of the statutory planning process in a Local authority setting
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent ICT skills, including the ability to learn and use service specific systems
- Ability to communicate information effectively at all levels
- An understanding of the role of elected members
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which will include some work outside of normal business hours
- Full Driving licence.
- Ability to undertake site visits as required
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Principal Planning Officer – Development Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.