- Pay Rate: £13.03 per hour PAYE.
- Hours per Week: 35-37 Monday – Friday, 08:00 to 16:00
- This opening assignment is for 3 months.
- Enfield, EN1 3ES
A Repairs Planner - Building Services & Maintenance is required to support the senior planner and schedule of work for a team of 10 operatives.
Duties to include:
- To plan and schedule appointments / programmed works across the division to achieve maximum productivity, ensuring that suitably qualified operatives are correctly and efficiently allocated always.
- Work to very tight deadlines in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment to arrange, coordinate and reschedule appointments using a high level of excellent customer relation management to ensure that residents receive a high level of service.
- To be adaptable and flexible in coordinating the delivering complex repairs using high level of trade knowledge to diagnose and schedule multiple interdependent appointments.
- To monitor and take appropriate action in real time to prevent service failure to by rearranging appointment with residents based on continually reprioritizing the trade staff work, based on housing policy and legislative requirements.
- To manage the customer feedback and instigate remedial action for poor service delivery, close liaison with the resident and service user.
- To ensure the emergencies priority works are completed with due regard for the health and safety of the public and legislative requirements.
- To pro-actively manage operative resources to ensure appointments are kept and maximize the number of works orders completed at the first visit.
- Dedicated to ensuring that the council’s customers receive an excellent standard of service.
- To monitor and report on operative performance in terms of missed appointments, customer satisfaction levels, etc and to escalate issues to the relevant manager.
- To maintain a comprehensive and up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, procedures and best practice for the service area.
- To liaise with internal and external agencies to ensure high standards of service delivery.
- To ensure staffing, training, financial and other operational administrative information and records are maintained (both manually and on computer), and that information used and provided by the service
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent customer service skill relating to defusing service failure conflicts.
- High level of knowledge relating to repairs tasks and the time to be allocated for individual elements. and the interdependency between various trade.
- Skilled in the use of various contracts arrangements including schedule of rates time and materials and lump sums and standard minute values.
- Understanding of issues around the delivery of maintenance and refurbishment contracts in an urban environment.
- An understanding of excellent service delivery in a construction and maintenance related service.
- Understanding of relevant legislation and codes of practice including H&S, Building Regulations, Fire Regulations, etc.
- Ability to formulate practical solutions to problems given the constraints of the situation.
- Experience of using work scheduling/planning systems ICT or manual.
- Experience of dealing with the public and in resolving queries and problems
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary Repairs Planner - Building Services & Maintenance (IMMEDIATE START)
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.