- Pay Rate:
Up to £67.81 per day HOUR range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Engineering Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00067635 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £67.81 per day HOUR range subject to IR35 status
Location: Reading – 10% working onsite / 90% working from home –may need to attend site at short notice dependent on project
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 MONTHS
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
An Engineering Manager is needed on a contract basis for approximately 12 months.
You will ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable and appropriate and advise the Senior Engineering Manage as such.
You will identify options, select the appropriate solution and provide the right facility design solutions such that, for allocated work packages, they: meet business needs and functional performance, through life performance, are licensable and are deliverable.
Ensure the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration are maintained from facility design inception through to project handover.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help
What you’ll do:
- Provide the facility design solution.
- Deliver integrated facility designs, with appropriate safety documentation, in a proportionate manner.
- Assess the suitability of the facility design for the next phase of the lifecycle (e.g. tender;
- construction; commissioning; handover) and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Be the lead engineering representative on the project. Responsible for delivery in terms of quality, meeting requirements, safety, value for money and schedule. Be the main point of contact for all engineering matters on a project.
- Ensure that the Engineering Requirements are suitable & appropriate, and advise the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Recommend the budget and programme, to the Senior Engineering Manager, to deliver design.
- Assess the suitability of engineering design resources (both internal and external to the team) to execute facility design. Ensure adequate competency and competency records.
- Lead, drive, communicate and deliver Facility Designs, with due regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost effectiveness and lifetime value for money.
- Maintain oversight of the facility design as it develops via routine reviews.
- Deliver, to the SEM, design solutions that meet business needs, functional performance, through life performance and is licensable and deliverable.
- Manage the Design Intent and Design Information Configuration from inception through to project handover.
- Provide functional support in identifying and implementing change, development and improvement.
- Assist the Head of Design Engineering in developing the Facility Design capability within the team, encompassing both Improvements and Resource skills development
Who you are:
- Design engineering background
- Facility design experience
- Assurance and safety requirements experience
- Previous experience of Safety documentation
- A background of undertaking Risk assessments
- Able to manage project delivery
- Prior experience within nuclear industry or Highly regulated industry - Desirable
- Ability to Read a drawing pack
- Ability to understand regulations
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Engineering Manager - *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.