- Pay Rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Officer -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00044045
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role is currently remote working.
- Drafting, evaluating, negotiating and executing contracts
- Establishing and maintaining supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contract for contractual matters
- Managing record keeping for all contracted – related correspondence and documentation
- Providing both internal and external contract-related issue resolution
- Monitoring and completing contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Communicating contract -related information to all stakeholders
- Identifying and following through of contract management improvements , achieving value for money, efficiency and effectiveness
- A thorough understanding of Public procurement policy
- Professional services procurement experience
- Experience of running procurement from end to end
- Previous experience working within a central government ministry - desirable
- Experience of managing portfolios
- Experience of supporting ad-hoc requests
- Previous experience of managing stakeholders and challenging where appropriate
- Relevant senior management and job-related experience at an appropriate level
- MCIPS or equivalent, (if no MCIPS qualifications or equivalent is held, must be willing to attain)
- Resilience and a self-starter
- Abe to work at pace with changing priorities
- Ability to follow strict processes
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.