- Pay Rate:
£23.28 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Interim Facilities Management Technical Surveyor x2
Reference no: Bexley TCL 0008 3812 / 1
Pay rate: £23.28 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Driving licence and access to a vehicle
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to the Property & FM service and to undertake the preparation and delivery of construction projects and services. The scope of work will generally range from statutory inspections, condition surveys, initiating reactive and programmed works.
- Assist with capital programme and planned maintenance to ensure risk base prioritises are delivered to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for and take decisions with regard to the day-to-day operational issues relating to the property estate. This includes liaising with contractors to arrange and oversee reactive repairs, as well as site tidiness, tenant liaison etc.
- Carry out programmed property inspections, identify defects etc. and arrange for remedial works as required keeping all records fully updated. To include recording observations, undertaking analysis and writing reports based on findings.
- Assess and arrange for reactive repairs to corporate properties as necessary, including tenant liaison, monitoring, inspecting and signing off completed works.
- Assist where required to ensure the Council’s compliance with current legionella, asbestos management, Fire Risk assessments, electrical testing and all other relevant regulatory legislation. This includes identifying issues and potential risks, notifying as appropriate and implementing solutions.
- Assist with energy monitoring and technical queries arising from the LBB’s Energy Contract, including programmed meter reading and records management as required. Assist as required to procure, supervise and sign off repairs and maintenance projects.
- Identify any Health and Safety Risks and take any remedial actions and reporting as required.
- Assist other members of the team with the planning and delivery of corporate project work, programmed repairs and refurbishment works.
- Design, write specifications, and supervise works in accordance with British Standards and other statutory and regulatory requirements. Responsible for the design, specifications and supervision of works, producing, schedules of work and other contract documentation necessary to ensure the technically correct and timely progress and completion of commissions.
- Carry out surveys and keep relevant areas of the Councils ‘Corporate Asset management Data Base’ correct and up to date and provide data and information for the completion of statutory returns as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HNC or HND in Building Surveying, Construction or Engineering.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Builders or Royal Institute of Builders or Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or Chartered Institute of Building Service Engineers or equivalent desirable.
- Demonstratable skills and experience in construction covering planned and reactive maintenance and capital Programme.
- Experience of current best practice and legislation in health and safety and all areas of property related compliance and regulatory responsibilities.
- Experience of building management and FM (Facilities Management) related tasks.
- Experience of contract and procurement and delivery.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Working knowledge of JCT or NEC contracts desirable.
- Knowledge of terms and conditions to instruct consultants on and level of performance expected.
Skills & Abilities:
- Skilled in managing contractors from day works to major planned, cyclical, refurbishment and specialist works.
- Able to interpret and act on instructions as well as acting on own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of IT and ability to use Estate and FM systems.
- Ability to liaise directly with clients and stakeholders.
- Management of contractor performance ability.
- Report writing and making recommendations to senior managers skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Competent in project costing, budgetary and expenditure control.
- Understanding of risk assessments, manual handling, and fire risks.
- Able to work to strict deadlines.
- Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Facilities Management Technical Surveyor x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.