- Pay Rate:
£16.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Temporary Customer Service Agent x5 – Contact Centre
Reference no: Islington RQ736221
Pay rate: £16.23 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Potential for hybrid working after training
To deliver a seamless resident experience by offering a Strength’s Based approach to local people and communities whilst also having the resources available to identify and provide a wrap-around support to those who need it most. Empowering residents to self-serve and supporting local people and families by connecting them into the community and to other areas of the council using a triage function. To be an effective and productive member of a front line, customer focused team.
- Signpost into the community and/or other council services, where appropriate, whilst also encouraging the use of self-serve for those that can and to support others with assisted self-serve.
- Partake in quality conversations with service users by offering support with presenting need but also the underlying needs and issues using a strengths-based approach by making every contact count.
- Work collaboratively with other services to embed prevention and early intervention into our approach to ensure those with more complex needs are provided with a wrap around support package.
- Deal with complex enquiries across all access channels i.e. telephone, face-to-face, email and written correspondence in accordance with customer care strategies and corporate policy. Be sensitive to the needs of different customer groups, ensuring rapid and appropriate responses for customers who may be distressed, irate and aggressive, and including those with more complex needs.
- Deal with all customer interactions in a polite, friendly and efficient manner.
- Use the relevant technology systems to provide high quality accurate advice.
- Be readily identifiable as an Access Advisor. Comply at all times with the dress code and/or to wear the uniform provided.
- Maintain records and produce statistics where necessary.
- Correctly handle in-coming post and link correspondence with existing files and to register applications for financial assistance from customers on the Corporate CRM within agreed timescales.
- Handle, process, and record payments by cash, cheque and credit cards.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Good experience of complex customer service contact centre delivery, face to face preferred, or on the telephone dealing with the public directly in a service provider environment OR good experience in the public sector working in front-line service delivery either face to face or over the telephone.
- Experience of using IT & telephony systems and administrative procedures in a customer focused organisation.
- Ability to work collaboratively amongst a range of council services and voluntary partners.
- Ability to partake in quality conversations using a Strength’s-Based approach to explore residents’ holistic needs.
- Ability to deal with routine face to face, telephone and electronic enquiries in a tactful, courteous and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clarity both orally and in writing.
- Able and willing to be flexible and responsive in relation to working times, patterns and locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong oral, written, numeric and literacy skills to communicate complex information and to undertake calculations.
- Ability to access, interpret and communicate complex information across a range of disciplines.
- In depth knowledge of the services provided by the Council and a broad understanding of current issues.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Customer Service Agent x5 – Contact Centre
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.