- Pay Rate:
Up to £300 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Chartered Surveyor - Rural/Commercial -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00064135
Pay Rate: Up to £300 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Exeter mainly – South West is best. Wont discount Reading as need people there too. Travel throughout Themes, Wessex, Devon/Cornwall.
The team cover work across the Thames Valley, Wessex and the South West part of the Agency.
The post will be based at Exeter or Reading and contracted to the offices in one of those locations.
There will be the flexibility to work from home at least in part. Travel to site will also be required, so a valid driving licence is essential. Transport will be provided for site work.
2/3 days a week – 2 days remote.
- A qualified Chartered Surveyor (Rural or Commercial ideally) to join our functional estates team on a 12 month contract to cover maternity.
- The Agency deliver numerous capital projects and carry out frequent operational activities and revenue projects that require input from our functional estates team.
- The work of the team includes land acquisition and access for major capital flood schemes, landowner compensation, land access agreements and notices for our operational activity, providing professional advice and guidance internally on matters such as land registry, notice of entry, asset valuations, compensation, landlord and tenancy.
- The team also act as an intelligent client in overseeing the outsourcing of estates work.
- Capable of working under pressure to deliver professional surveyor work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work as part of a team, but who is also a self-starter with a ‘can do’ attitude who can solve problems with minimal support by using their initiative. A fixed term contract of 12 months.
- The preferred base location is Exeter, but will also consider Reading.
- The team cover work across the Thames Valley, Wessex and the South West part of the Agency.
- The post will be based at Exeter or Reading and contracted to our offices in one of those locations. There will be the flexibility to work from home at least in part. Travel to site will also be required, so a valid driving licence is essential. Transport will be provided for site work.
- Undertake Capital projects
- Access, licences, compensation
- Gaining access, dealing with land owners, getting the land to meet needs of project and compensating the people who have it – negotiate with landowners.
- Mainly project work, work in support of operation activity – revenue projects, Advice, support around land access/management/landlord/tenancy reporting under projects, under Richard.
- Be part of project team, meet the estate needs of projects.
- Rural matters
Key Essential skills:
- Able to hit the ground running
- Enough knowledge and experience, - chartered, preferably rural or commercial if not
- 5/10 years experience if not qualified of Rural surveying
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Chartered Surveyor - Rural/Commercial
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.