- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Project Engineer - Highways
Reference no: W Berkshire 5211606
Working style – Preferably mixed, 2 days in the office / 3 days at home, but this could be reviewed for the right applicant.
To contribute to the delivery of the Environmental Department services in West Berkshire, in particular the Council’s duties as Lead Local Flood Authority.
To contribute to the provision of professional advice to the Council in relation to sustainable drainage systems, flood risk management and land drainage.
- Provide professional and technical services consistent with the post holders qualifications and experience in relation to the delivery of highways and transport services in West Berkshire and in particular land drainage and highway drainage projects.
- Promote the use of sustainable drainage and assist with the duties of West Berkshire Council as a Lead Local Flood Authority.
- Assess and respond to the planning department on drainage related development proposals in regard to planning consents. In particular review and encourage the use of sustainable drainage systems in accordance with the SuDS Manual and the council’s Sustainable Drainage Supplementary Planning Document [with an emphasis on naturalistic drainage and green infrastructure design strategies].
- Develop and update the asset management database under the Flood and Water Management Act.
- Assist in developing and delivering flood management initiatives and projects and to discharge the council’s flood risk management and land drainage functions under the statutory acts.
- Engage with external bodies on the use of sustainable drainage and the council’s drainage policies.
- Ensure that all projects fully comply with current Health and Safety legislation, in particular the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree plus 3 years or HNC plus 5 years (or equivalent) experience in Civil Engineering
- Experience in service provision in either the public or private sector with an emphasis on multi-disciplinary team working and stakeholder engagement in relation to sustainable drainage designs and dealing with stakeholders and the general public
- Knowledge of the Method of Measurement for Highway Works
- Working knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- ICT Skills:
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Understanding of AutoCAD and other design related add-on packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project Engineer - Highways
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.