- Pay Rate:
£11.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Leicester, Leicestershire,
Temporary Investigative Support Assistant x 5
Reference no: Leicestershire BL TCL350307
Pay rate: £11.32 per hour PAYE
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure
Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle
To provide investigative support to the Safeguarding and Investigations departments of Delivering Justice Directorate. Experience of working in a police investigative environment would be preferable. 2 posts at Wigston, 2 posts at Signal, 1 post at West Leicestershire.
- To assist in investigations by undertaking a wide range of tasks under the direction of supervisor/police officer.
- Assist in the interviewing of suspects.
- Assist in the completion of criminal files of evidence by undertaking allocated tasks.
- Aid the investigation by obtaining statements of evidence for criminal investigation.
- Assist in the examination, preservation and continuity of evidence and exhibits such as CCTV recovered during an investigation in accordance with procedure.
- Submit accurate reports into the force intelligence systems.
- Be prepared to use your own motor vehicle when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with witnesses to obtain information to assist an investigation, keeping them updated in accordance with victim code requirements.
- Attend court if required and give evidence in relation to aspects of any investigation that are within personal knowledge or in which the post holder has had any involvement during the investigation process.
- Discuss cases with supervisors and provide information to assist in disposal decisions.
- Liaise with a range of agencies in relation to the gathering of evidence. Undertake property enquiries in accordance with force policy.
- Undertake the completion of a wide range of documentation relating to an investigation and make records using force IT system.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade C/4 or above in English Language or equivalent OR have recent work experience using English Language to that standard.
- Recent experience in a role requiring the use of investigation skills in dispute/conflict resolution, crime related matters or industrial relations issues, and/or have passed a BTEC diploma in Uniformed Public Services or equivalent.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Computer literate and able to use a methodical approach to work.
- Experience producing accurate reports or documents.
- Experience of working within a high-pressured environment with high workloads
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability and be willing to travel within BCU/Directorate to carry out activities associated with the role.
- Understand data protection legislation when handling information.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice process and law.
- Knowledge of custody procedures in relation to prisoner detention and processing.
- Driving licence, insurance and vehicle.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Investigative Support Assistant x 5
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.