- Pay Rate:
£18.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Temporary Finance & Quality Officer – Housing Management
Reference no: K&C 5225272
Pay rate: £18.76 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
Basic DBS required for this role
This role is to ensure the Council is delivering a high quality and value for money repairs service. It is an essential monitoring and scrutiny role ensuring that there are robust internal systems of audit and contractor management. To support Property Services in providing a high level of efficient and effective financial specialist service relating to a range of planned and responsive repairs and responsible for processing invoices for all of property services. To check authorisation and post inspection of invoices, audit materials used by operational team before paying invoice and audit variations against quotations and scrutinise SORs claimed by in-house teams and contractors.
- Provide support to the Quality Assurance Manager and Team Manager to ensure the accurate and timely payments to suppliers to ensure the smooth and successful running of Property Services.
- Interrogate the job cost information and variation on a regular basis to ensure all works undertaken are recorded correctly to ensure communal works are charged to residents.
- Undertake the end to end daily/weekly/monthly process to ensure materials supplied are those which are paid for.
- Ensure that there are robust controls in place to ensure that income is correctly recovered and that safeguards exist over all expenditure. This includes chasing goods, dealing with incorrect orders, and processing associated paperwork until completion.
- Use council IT systems such as IBC-SAP, Capita and Service Connect to facilitate payment of invoices and purchase orders and ensure financial standing orders are followed when obtaining quotes or purchasing items for Contractors escalating areas of overspend, underperformance or general concern as required.
- Manage a range of associated requests including setting up new accounts, direct debits; and arranging refunds, adjustments and cancellations as required.
- Responsible for managing a range of databases and spreadsheets relating to statutory compliancy items including daily input of records including compliance work and producing weekly/monthly reports for Managers to ensure the accurate and timely submission of compliancy reports relating to statutory functions.
- Process gas certifications and other compliancy work requiring certification.
- Raise internal orders and deal with requests for purchase orders and processing of payments in accordance with council procedures, ensuring associated invoicing and goods receipts are dealt with accurately and efficiently.
- Raise orders for external contractors regarding works carried out on behalf of the Council ensuring the timely processing of orders and associated paperwork. This includes liaison with contractors and ensuring accurate records of works undertaken are maintained. Perform general administrative duties including scanning, filing, photocopying and responding to daily queries in a timely manner.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience in dealing with invoicing and making checks for approvals including VAT.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A thorough knowledge of IT involved in scheduling works for a repairs service.
- System administration of WIP ensuring good administrative housekeeping.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DLO finance models and budgeting tools.
- Knowledge of managing contractors and management frameworks.
- Management of casework and ability to produce high-quality responses experience.
- Experience of producing and presenting performance information to a wide range of audiences.
- Knowledge of administration of a recharging policy to residents desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and a great approach to customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure and to work well in a team.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion, and deal with information with tact and understanding.
- Excellent written communication skills, including report writing for a range of audiences desirable.
- Excellent IT skills i.e. MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SharePoint, with the ability to manipulate and present data to meet the needs of different audiences.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance & Quality Officer – Housing Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.