- Pay Rate:
£11.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- DERBY, Derbyshire,
Full Job Title: Temporary Project Admin Support Officer – School Travel
Reference no: Derby RQ679769
Pay Rate: £11.25 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is highly motivated and committed to delivering transformational change to join the Home to School Travel Service.
As a Project Support Officer within the Home to School Travel Service, you will provide high quality support to the Project Manager and assist in the management of transformation projects across the Children’s Integrated Commissioning Division to completion, including maintaining project plans and documentation, resource planning, communication, stakeholder engagement and post-project evaluation.
Initially you will be required to provide support within the Home to School Transport Team to assist with day to day administrative functions such as but not limited to, telephone support/dealing with queries, checking official documents, using our systems to edit tender documentation, uploading tenders & downloading/opening/evaluating bids following our criteria, sending award letters, checking post award documents and data entering awarded providers and PA safeguarding documentation and organising meet & greet meetings with parents and drivers.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent office Project support experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of supporting the management of projects in accordance with agreed project management principles.
- Experience of working in a supporting role with a senior leadership team
- Knowledge and experience of project management
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Project Admin Support Officer – School Travel
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.