- Pay Rate:
Competitive Market Rate
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 18 months
Role: Project Manager – Governance & Controls
Contract Length: approx. 18 months
Location: London on site up to x2.5 days per week / WFH
Pay Rate to Candidate: Competitive Market Rate – please enquire with consultant on application
A Project Manager (PM) is required to help co-ordinate and manage a small project support team, supporting the wider group of project managers and assisting the programme manager to govern the delivery of the projects Futures.
The PM for Governance and Controls will be working across the following Product Areas and Workstreams:
- Digital Channels
- Identification and Rating
- Payments and Auto Pay
- Customer Contact
- Service Management
- Data Migration
- Relet and Tender
- Target Operating Model
- Business Change
The Product Areas, (both front end i.e. Digital Channels and Customer Contact and backend i.e. Identification & Rating and Payments & Auto Pay), integrate with each other to deliver the end-to-end Product, therefore the PM is required to closely collaborate with these other Product Areas to effectively define the requirements, acceptance criteria, and the solution.
- Fully skilled in the application of programme and project management controls of an appropriate scale
- Strong analytical skills, able to identify highly complex critical issues and constructively challenge colleagues to improve programme delivery overall.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities to achieve tight deadlines
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and team ethos with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in programme/project controls and governance.
- Ability to present effectively to Heads of T&D functions and communicate, both orally and in writing, with people at all levels across the organisation and outside.
- Strong Stakeholder engagement and communication skills across all levels/roles in an organisation. The ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders about complex technical concepts in order to effectively gather, understand and analyse business requirements, Data requirements and existing business processes to support the definition and scoping of features and user stories, and the refining of the scope and acceptance criteria, including challenging as appropriate to ensure that requirements reflect the business need
- Proven experience in service management and early life support processes
- A positive, can-do attitude and proven ability to deliver cost effective solutions when met with difficult and challenging project risks and issues.
- Good understanding of procurement processes, commercial and contract management.
- Broad expertise on project delivery and management methods, e.g., waterfall, agile, and ITIL
- Embed and implement industry project reporting standards and disciplines.
- Excellent communication and engagement planning and execution
- Identify, collate, analyse, recommend and present information to enable well informed decisions
- Plan and manage own time and resources to effectively support the development pipeline, procurement process, data migration and other Product deliverables and objectives, including being available to the development teams and business stakeholders to answer questions
- In-depth understanding of all aspects of project management and control, including finances.
- Good understanding of information technologies and services, and their development and support lifecycles, focusing on MS Azure platform and associated environments
- Accreditation in a recognised methodology such as APM, PRINCE2 or MSP - desirable
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Government / Public Sector IT – e.g., GDPR, EU Procurement Directives, IT security mandates and Freedom of Information Act - desirable
- Understanding and expertise in Level 1,2, 3 planning hierarchy and principles
- Understanding resource demand management and framework activities.
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects of a similar size, nature and complexity as Road User Charging (RUC) over the past 5 years
- Ability to establish a new PCT/PMO capability.
- Able to embed and evolve PCT/PMO capabilities.
- Experience of being accountable and personally making a difference for the successful end-to-end delivery of multiple and varied technically complex projects.
- A background in programme/project management office, implementing industry standard best practice disciplines and alignment with central management office models.
- Experience of forming, establishing and integrating complex projects, ensuring that their scope, requirements, governance and controls, roles and responsibilities, interfaces and project success criteria are correctly and properly established and managed throughout to ensure effective and timely delivery.
- Experience of collaborating with sponsors and stakeholders, including reporting on progress at formal project reviews, to achieve the agreed outcomes and benefits.
- Understands service delivery/operations to support programme end stage transition by project delivery transitioning into service operations and early life support
- Able to contribute to the successful procurement of products and services for the Product Areas / workstreams, including supplier engagement and detailed requirements elicitation, definition and documentation
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager – Governance & Controls
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.