- Pay Rate:
Up to £750 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Digital DevOps (Data) -/Software Developer - Remote Working – DIGPSR 1JP00061849
Pay Rate: Up to £750 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote Working with occasional travel to Newport, South Wales.
To support all aspects of the software development lifecycle, applying DevOps principles and to lead on developing, implementing, enhancing, and managing DevOps practices following agreed processes and best practices.
This is a contract role for approximately 6 months.
- Azure DevOps Repos, YAML Pipelines
- Deploying applications via pipelines
- Automation of/within Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database and/or Azure DataBricks
- Pipeline automation of database updates e.g. via Visual Studio Database Projects and/or other solutions
- Azure AppService and/or Azure API Management
- Azure Service Bus, Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps
- Shift left strategy: security scans, code analysis, monitoring
- Knowledge of build/deploy of Node/next.js (React framework), .Net Projects
- Support all aspects of the software development lifecycle, applying DevOps principles and to lead on developing, implementing, enhancing, and managing DevOps practices following agreed processes and best practices.
- Applying industry best practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g., availability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Leading on the design, release and implementation of automated, repeatable, efficient delivery pipelines and holds responsibility for the management, delivery, and improvements of the deployments onto Production.
- Lead delivery, integration, administration, and configuration of DevOps tools, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition onto operational support (where applicable). This includes tools for source control, build, CI & CD support, code reviews, security scans, test automation, monitoring and agile management etc.
- Implementing and configuring DevOps specific monitoring, alerting, auditing and notification strategies and be an advocate for security and performance standards in the organisation
- Identifying, tracking and support managing of DevOps specific risks and issues in adherence to established reporting standards.
- Contributing to technical decisions and directions in a collaborative team environment, including solution architecture, estimations, product planning, user stories (requirement) creation.
- Attending Team and Agile Scrum meetings.
- Sharing knowledge and expertise and providing mentorship and training to other members of the team, enabling them to work in an automated, repeatable fashion.
- Promoting and encouraging the use of test automation and infrastructure-as-code within delivery teams.
- Security Clearance: **Candidates must be willing to go through SC process, active SC not essential as client is willing to put successful candidate through the process.**
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance: You must be willing to go through SC process, active SC not essential as client is willing to put successful candidate through the process.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Digital DevOps/Data - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.