- Pay Rate:
£54.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
- STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Interim Assistant Accountant - Strategy and Resources
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5240210
Pay rate: £54.05 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
City: STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire
An Assistant Accountant is required to support the Housing development and growth directorate of the Council, supporting the provision of monitoring and forecasting information, the financial planning process and the delivery of the statement of accounts. To support the delivery of an integrated, robust financial planning process by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information. Support all strategic and operational plans are supported by the provision of high quality, accurate, timely and relevant information and robust investment appraisals and the provision of high quality, accurate, relevant and timely monitoring and forecasting information. Provide financial advice and guidance to stakeholders/service managers and partners as required.
- Support budget setting and monthly financial monitoring.
- Transactional work – reconciliations, preparation of journals, recharges.
- Provision of reports and data to support budgets managers.
- Support the production of the statement of accounts – audit queries and information.
- Help support the delivery of high quality, efficient financial, accounting and budgeting services to support the Council in delivering its corporate aims and objectives.
- Contribute towards the compilation, monitoring and reporting of the Council’s integrated Medium Term Financial Strategy and other related plans.
- Provide effective financial and accounting analysis in support of Council projects and desired outcomes. Provide analysis and financial advice to stakeholders to support the Council in its delivery of corporate aims and objectives.
- Contribute towards the delivery of the Council’s statutory Statement of Accounts in line with professional and statutory requirements. Contribute towards the formulation, implementation and review of service plans.
- Contribute towards the delivery of an effective, high performing, customer focused financial service that is continuously improving. Provide support and advice on financial management, policy development and corporate financial matters.
- Act as a point of contact with the Council’s appointed external auditors regarding financial reporting and governance matters.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- AAT qualified / equivalent with full current membership and CPD participation or have a relevant degree with an understanding of accounting and budgetary control.
- Record of success in helping support sustainable improvements.
- A track record of helping to motivate and inspire staff in order to deliver a change agenda and improve service delivery.
- Proven success in developing effective working relationships.
- Relevant technical experience in the respective role.
- Demonstrable experience of the utilisation of financial information systems.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Basic understanding of local government finance, accounting and budgetary control.
- Appreciation of the nature of a political environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent people skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other people both inside and outside the directorate.
- Good oral, written and presentation skills with the ability to represent the Council’s policies and views to stakeholders.
- Ability to help maximise resources and manage budgets effectively in a financially disciplined environment.
- Ability to implement creative and imaginative approaches.
- A good team player with the energy and determination to support the promotion of cultural changes to raise service standards.
- Ability to make effective decisions at a relative level in a complex and challenging environment.
- Degree of personal and professional probity, integrity and credibility that sustains the confidence and trust of stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Assistant Accountant - Strategy and Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.