- Pay Rate:
£13.26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Derbyshire 5222838,
Temporary Digitiser / IT - Facilities & Environmental Services
Reference no: Derbyshire 5222838
Pay rate: £13.26 per hour PAYE
The Council are currently engaged in preparing grounds maintenance(GM) schedules for 58 countryside sites which need to be digitised into MapInfo (GIS mapping software). An experienced IT Digitiser is required with skills in GIS/CAD/Databases (preferably MapInfo). To provide support for the creation and maintenance of GIS records for the Countryside Service with an emphasis on land holdings, assets, tree and conservation habitat mapping and grounds maintenance schedules.
- Programme and deliver countryside GIS records as required for the development of grounds maintenance schedules in liaison with colleagues.
- Anticipate the needs of team members and provide solutions and support.
- Update, maintain and input detailed grounds maintenance and asset records on the Countryside Services asset and grounds maintenance databases.
- Assist in the Countryside sites rationalisation review by collecting and interpreting data and providing technical support and statistical information to inform decision making.
- Collect and analyse data for use in the production of performance indicators and to assist in benchmarking the performance of the Countryside service in delivery of the Countryside Service business plan.
- Liaise with other Departments to ensure data is managed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that protocols and procedures are in place to ensure data capture and interpretation is consistent across the team.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant vocational qualification and experience in the area.
- Relevant IT qualification such as ECDL, CLAIT or equivalent.
- Experience of administering, populating and operating database and GIS systems essential.
- Experience in GIS/CAD/Databases (preferably MapInfo).
- Experience in the use of CAD desirable.
- Experience of interpreting maps, plans and property documents desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills to be able to respond to queries and explain technical issues to colleagues.
- The ability to work effectively and flexibly as part of a team and to work independently with initiative to ensure deadlines set by others are met.
- The ability to analyse and interpret data.
- The ability to have a flexible approach to tasks, being proactive, creative and enthusiastic.
- The ability to liaise with senior colleagues to provide support on a range of projects/initiatives to defined standards.
- Good organisational skills to be able to meet deadlines.
- The ability to understand and identify solutions to basic problems.
- Sound IT, numeric and literacy skills.
- Proficient in the use of word processing applications and Microsoft Outlook and in the development and use of databases and spreadsheets using Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Proficient in the analysis and interpretation of statistical and mapping information.
- Working knowledge of relevant procedures, systems, equipment and processes and an appreciation of how they impact on the role.
- Knowledge of procedures, processes and systems to provide information and guidance to colleagues.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Digitiser / IT - Facilities & Environmental Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.