- Pay Rate:
Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 8 months
Interim Pathology Terminologist -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060234 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Mostly remote with currently 1 or 2 days per quarter in either the Leeds or London offices for team meetings.
An Interim Pathology Terminologist, is needed, preferably with general clinical or laboratory experience (not essential for the right candidate and doesn’t require current clinical registration).
This post supports the work of the Information Representations Services and specifically the terminology product areas.
- To work with the existing team to analyse, and interpret local & legacy pathology terminology content to identify patterns, and perform gap analysis to inform solutions and create terminology modelling capability
- To author and quality assure healthcare terminology content to support the maintenance and delivery of the Pathology Unified Test List (UTL) aligned to SNOMED CT UK Editorial Principles, as well as derivative products, mappings and guidance;
- To use terminology knowledge and understanding to support design decisions that require terminology expert guidance/advice
- To work with the existing team to develop new content in a bespoke content platform, escalating those of a complex nature to senior colleagues
- To work with existing User Research & Business Analyst colleagues to understand domain context and user needs, developing terminology content in line with this information;
- To assist senior colleagues by providing support to any projects/programmes that require terminology expert guidance and advice
- Provide terminology or technical specialist advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, clinical professional groups, government, system suppliers as well as end users of the terminology using a number of channels including responding to helpdesk queries;
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication and organisational skills, using agile methodologies and establishing an effective service to deliver business requirements.
- Basic understanding of the SNOMED CT hierarchical structure, use cases and benefits of a structured terminology.
- Up to date knowledge of developments in own clinical professional domain.
- Understanding of the importance of information standards use in clinical information systems.
- Understanding of the role of terminology in Electronic Health Records and interoperability.
- Educated to post graduate degree/diploma or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline e.g. science, heath informatics.
- Clinical professional qualification (clinical or pharmacy) and/or technical/academic experience e.g. terminology/ontology.
- Certificate relating to terminology e.g. SNOMED International Authoring Level 1 Certification or SNOMED International Foundation Course
- Knowledge of project management methodology e.g. agile project methodology.
- Specialist knowledge or qualifications relation to manipulation of coded data e.g. Excel.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Pathology Terminologist *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.