- Pay Rate:
Up to £100 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Shipping Assistant - Logistics -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060239 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £100 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Didcot, on site 5 days a week.
- Ensure that daily and weekly shipping activities and duties are discharged efficiently and timely through organisation and allocation of tasks, including but not limited to:
- All courier functions carried out on a daily basis
- Intrastat reporting
- Dispatch and receipting of Dangerous goods and RAM
- Ensuring that all databases are up to date for reporting on MI and financial
- Bulk shipping of crates, pallets and other equipment using suppliers
- Customs clearance and goods in transit monitoring
- Provide specialist knowledge and support to the team to ensure service continuity and resilience
- Processing and despatching all Hazardous materials, correct packing and preparation of Dangerous Goods paperwork and Proforma’s for Outward consignments both for air and road movement in consultation with the IATA and ADR Directories for air and road.
- Develop and coordinate workflow and activities to maintain the agreed service level
- Ensure the environment and space is tidy, organised and safe for staff, suppliers and customers.
- Respond to customer queries and provide resolution, support to get goods to destination
- Keep a log of issues where common themes occur so that Logistics Management can take a view to addressing with the team
- Maintain reporting information in relation to all aspects of operation.
- Assist other STFC sites with more complex shipping and customs issues
- Ensure that agreed Logistics Service Level Agreement is supported and met, and that customer feedback is recorded and fed back to management and the team
- Participate with SHE Code review and audits and adopt actions
- Contribute, support and maintain Standard Operating Processes for tasks and functions to ensure consistent practice
- Provide recommendations of process and practice to support continuous improvement
- Maintain and develop web content on shipping, customs & dangerous goods area of the Logistics website and disseminate relevant updates on good practice
- Undertake additional duties at the request of Line Managers or Senior Line Manager that are considered reasonable and commensurate with your post.
- High level of literacy and numeracy
- Accessing and extracting data
- Recent shipping and logistics experience
- Dangerous goods handling
- Industry knowledge of despatch and courier systems and suppliers and freight agents
- Ability to simplify complex customs/shipping situations and translate in simple terms to customers.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook)
- Equality and diversity workplace awareness
- Relevant Health & Safety knowledge and awareness
- Financial management systems e.g. Oracle, SAP
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Shipping Assistant - Logistics
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.