- Pay Rate:
£24.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- WESTMINSTER, London,
Interim Environmental Health Officer – Food Safety
Reference no: Westminster RQ789177
Pay rate: £24.29 per hour PAYE
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A food qualified EHO with food safety experience is required to manage and organise effective provision of specialist environmental health technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well being and to contribute to delivery of the council’s objectives and priorities. To carry out New Premises and Category C food hygiene inspections, as well as dealing with food hygiene complaints and to understand and demonstrate the council’s values and behaviours, working collaboratively with colleagues, partners and other stakeholders to help build a sustainable highly effective organisation.
To deliver a specialist service, carrying out a range of skilled activities in environmental health, to maximise service quality and continuity and to maintain, develop and review systems, processes and procedures and manage small projects or contracts to secure a cost effective service and continuous improvement.
- Carry out New Premises and Category C food hygiene inspections, as well as dealing with food hygiene complaints.
- Develop, implement and enforce environmental health policies, using specialist technical skills and knowledge to maintain and safeguard standards relating to people's health and well-being.
- Carry out routine or unplanned visits and inspections to ensure compliance with legislation and take action to improve conditions, taking photos, producing drawings, removing samples and conducting interviews as part of the inspection process.
- Investigate complaints from the general public and provide advice and assistance to householders and businesses.
- Give talks at public enquiries, meetings and exhibitions, as well as ensuring compliance through education, advice and enforcement.
- Take enforcement action, initiating legal proceedings, prepare and give evidence in court.
- Promote and ensure integration of environmental health with all other services across the Council and with other partners to deliver a co-ordinated and seamless operation.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health/ Higher Certificate in Food Hygiene.
- Completion of practical training or newly qualified EHOs/Food Safety Officer in the process of completing learning portfolios.
- Newly qualified EHOs / Food Safety Officer in the process of completing learning portfolios Or EHO / Food Safety Officer with a wider range of experience within the field.
- Food safety experience is essential for this role.
- Good people skills, for communicating with people from all circumstances and different communities, building relationships where necessary.
- Ability to understand and explain legislation, procedures and requirements.
- A good level of scientific and technical understanding of Food Safety.
- Ability to investigate, analyse and provide solutions to problems.
- Able to address conflict and challenging situations and to identify risk and provide solutions.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Environmental Health Officer – Food Safety
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.