- Pay Rate:
Up to £53 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Lead Design Engineer - Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00056095 *Rate Increased*
Pay Rate: Up to £53 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Cumbria or Warrington 1 day per week, the rest from home. It is expected that the candidate should be available to attend the office 5 days per week and would be expected to attend site on a weekly basis with the possibility of needing to attend site for up to 5 days per week. (Working from home would be considered up to 2 days per week.)
A general CE&I Lead Engineer with experience over a broader range of CE&I AREAS is required for this role.
A Senior CE&I Engineer is required on a contract basis to provide a design service to various OUs across business and to be integrated within the multi-discipline Task Delivery Team.
The role entails working as a Lead Engineer overseeing the delivery of a portfolio of work in support of the CE&I Responsible Engineer.
- To provide professional design support to the Task Delivery Design Team; typically comprising of overseeing the preparation of design packages for the task delivery portfolio programme of minor project work, along with design and engineering input in multi-discipline tasks.
- The role requires leadership qualities, a self-starting approach and the ability to develop fit for purpose CE&I design solutions; providing engineer representation at client scoping meetings, commercial and design cells to enable effective coordination with other disciplines, Project engineers, construction and site wide stakeholders as required.
- The provision of CE&I design support to plant engineering, with activities and deliverables typically (but not necessarily limited to): Production of technical specifications, calculations, engineering orders, basis of design documents, residual risk registers, CDM files and NFR’s; the processing of TQ’s, concessions relating to CE&I design schemes across the task delivery portfolio.
- Production of design schemes and full solutions with all necessary CE&I drawings, quality documentation, designer risk assessments, OIMSs, specifications, etc. in accordance with the applicable company and national practices, procedures and standards, as well as all applicable statutory regulations.
- There is a requirement to work in accordance with the PFDO Work Governance Process – the necessary familiarisation briefing and IT access will be provided to candidates who are not familiar with this process.
- Incorporated or Chartered Engineer, professionally registered with a relevant professional body (IET, IMC) or actively working towards IEng or CEng
- Degree in relevant Engineering discipline with minimum of 5 years experience within CE&I design; or equivalent professional qualification.
- Competent and proven CE&I Engineer, capable of producing CE&I design calculations, scheme & detail designs who is familiar with the roles and application of the CDM regulations 2015.
- Ability to satisfy SQEP requirements for CE&I Designer as identified in SR0754 issue 2.
- Evidence of effectively working with the supply chain in delivering engineering design.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and ability to apply ‘Fit for Purpose Mind-set’ and ‘Engineering Judgement’ where appropriate.
- Leadership / management skills to include management sub-contractors and designers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in undertaking site surveys
- Experience of SL management systems (SLMS) and CE&I standards.
- Evidence of having a good knowledge of Sellafield Plants and Operations
- Working knowledge of the SL design process for all stages of design (concept, preliminary, detailed through to manufacture and construction).
- Evidence of being competent in the use of CIMAGE, and AutoCAD.
- Monitored worker preferred.
- Experience of producing CE&I installation design packages including OIMSs, CDM Risk Assessments and installation drawings: BCDs, schematics, hook-ups and layouts / GAs.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim CE&I Lead Design Engineer - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.