- Pay Rate:
£17.52 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 08:00-16:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- WESTMINSTER, London,
Temporary Pest Control Officer – Environmental Services
Reference no: Westminster RQ787958
Pay rate: £17.52 per hour PAYE
Participation in the call out roster for emergencies outside of normal working hours will be required
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel
To discharge the Council’s statutory obligations under the Public Health Act 1936 and the Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949 ensure that, so far as is practicable, the City of Westminster is kept free from rats, mice and other vermin. To take responsibility for performing allocated tasks as part of casework, making appropriate referrals to manager, other council officers or relevant agencies.
- Advise complainants and other members of staff as to suitable treatments and preventative measures.
- Carry out surveys of sites and premises either originating from a complaint, request for service or as part of a regular inspection programme.
- Co-ordinate and carry out treatments appropriate to specific task ensuring the most efficient destruction of all pests using approved methods.
- Prepare and carry out reports on investigations, actions and visits, to the Assistant Service Manager or, as directed to other council officers.
- Co-ordinate and carry out Block Treatment and Sewer Baiting programmes and carry out collection and dispose of clinical waste.
- Co-ordinate and carry out decontamination of articles and premises contaminated with blood and bodily fluids suspected of containing HIV and/or Hepatitis ‘B’ virus.
- Co-ordinate and carry out collection and delivery of contracted Incontinent Laundry Service.
- Carry out enforcement by serving statute notice, as a part of City of Westminster enforcement duties under the Public Health Act 1936, section 83 and Prevention of Damage by Pests Act 1949, section 4.
- Keep proper records of work carried out via the Pest Control Team Record and Documentation system and record and monitor the use of pesticides and equipment via accurate completion of the ‘Stock Control Register’.
- Participate in the call out- roster for emergencies outside of normal working hours, as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- RSPH Level 2 in Pest Management (or equivalent).
- Operational pest control experience.
- Experience of using a variety of information systems and technology.
- Experience of planning, delivery and co-ordination of workloads and projects.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to work unsupervised in accordance with agreed work programmes.
- Strong customer focus skills.
- Ability to write concise reports and keep written and computerised records of case work.
- Understanding and commitment to working safely.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Pest Control Officer – Environmental Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.