- Pay Rate:
Up to £374 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Officer -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00064262
Pay Rate: Up to £374 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: UK wide. There will be some office attendance required in either London or Leeds, but frequency will be agreed prior to start.
Security Clearance: SC Clearance is essential for this role.
The postholder will be required to:
- Identify and understand relevant legal and commercial terms, concepts, policies and processes (including project approvals and assurance procedures) to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Gather and use evidence to assess the costs, benefits and risks of a wide range of delivery options when making commercial decisions.
- Work with commercial experts in engaging effectively and intelligently with delivery partners in order to define and/or improve service delivery.
- Consider, in consultation with commercial experts, alternative ways of working with partners and contractors to identify more efficient outcomes, balancing cost, quality and turnaround times.
- Applying best practice contract management processes to ensure goods & services are delivered to the standards, performance and costs agreed in the contract. This will include developing, managing and maintaining contract management tools, in order to ensure that supplier performance, charges, service levels, obligations, risks, issues, and dependencies can be tracked and managed effectively at a day-to-day level.
- Supporting the commercial lead in sourcing goods & services via the most appropriate and compliant route, such as CCS Frameworks, open competition, G-Cloud, GPC etc. Helping to draft, collate and issue tender documentation, managing the receipt of bids and supporting the evaluation of tenders.
- Coordinating and managing an effective contract change process: ensuring that the input of key Inquiry stakeholders is incorporated into change documentation; that the correct approvals are achieved at each stage; and accurate and structured records are kept, including a repository of authorised contract changes, a change log and evidence of approvals to support the audit trail.
- Coordinating and implementing processes that authorise payment of contracted charges, including milestone payments and service charges, upon successful delivery by the supplier: liaising with the supplier to finalise the necessary documentation (e.g. milestone achievement certificates); obtaining the necessary approvals and signatures; maintaining accurate records and evidence of approvals to complete the audit trail.
- Supporting the Inquiry finance team to enable timely receipting of goods and services; keep track of invoices pending and paid; and track financial performance against the contract.
- Providing support to the Service Provider and Contract Review Board including scheduling meetings, issuing agendas and board packs, taking and issuing minutes, and generally ensuring that the Service Provider and Contract Review Board runs efficiently and effectively.
- Fostering and maintaining a positive and effective working relationship with suppliers at a day-to-day level to ensure that they are incentivised and motivated to meet their obligations while the Inquiry meets its obligations in a timely manner (such as prompt receipting and payment upon satisfactory delivery of goods and services).
- Collating financial information about contracts and providing input to, and assurance of, financial forecasts and business plans produced by the Inquiry finance team.
- Some working knowledge of public sector procurement rules, policies and guidance including OJEU procurement processes.
- Experience of commercial & contract management processes such as contract change process, milestone achievement, service levels and service credits.
- Experience of running procurement exercises (including via CCS Frameworks & G-Cloud).
- Confidence with figures including pricing and financial forecasts, and a working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to identify and flag issues or potential barriers to delivery
- Willingness and ability to work flexibly by supporting other functions within the Inquiry as appropriate.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Commercial Officer - Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.