- Pay Rate:
Up to £413 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Commercial Officer -Procurement/Contracts - Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00057416 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £413 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Leeds – Hybrid – at least 2 or 3 days a week in the Leeds Office
- Supporting the procurement and contact management of new contracts and/or existing contractual agreements
- Undertake market investigation & analysis
- Support colleagues with market engagement, sourcing, tendering and a wide range of procurement activities
- Build and maintain positive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders and suppliers
- Provide effective input and support in the delivery of commercial activities including market engagement, sourcing, contract transition, and contract management
- Support colleagues with drafting, reviewing and advising on governance documents and processes such as papers for Commercial Board, Programme Board, gated project submissions etc.
- Lead the development and review of commercial products, coordinating inputs from stakeholders
- Provide administrative support to the commercial team, including responsibility for updating and maintaining contract information on Jaggaer (eProcurement solution)
- Promote the sharing of best commercial practice to drive performance
- Contribute to challenging costs and support value for money opportunities
- Understanding business needs, take the initiative in identifying and progress ‘value add’ opportunities
- Contribute in identifying stakeholders ensuring that stakeholder management plan/communication is appropriately handled
- A key team player – able to work well as part of a team, take ownership, give direction and feedback to colleagues
- Be willing to meet the challenges of change, encouraging and supporting others to do the same
- Have a realistic and pragmatic approach, keen eye for detail, be practical and focused on reaching a combined end goal
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- IT skills - competent in the use of MS Office, Word and Excel and able to quickly adapt to using new e-systems.
- Experienced with or able to become proficient in using Jaggaer (eProcurement solution)
- Public sector procurement experience - regulated
- Previous experience of running procurement projects
- A lot of experience in procurement // leading but not public sector considered
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Commercial Officer - Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.