- Pay Rate:
Up to £532 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6-7 months
Interim SCIDA Engineer -Hybrid Working – PSR1JP00060415
Pay Rate: Up to £532 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: South – South West of and South East of England including London area.
Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority, (SCIDA), provide installation design compliance in line with legislation, policy and departmental guidance. These posts will directly enable delivery of BAU and operations by providing essential SCIDA assurance for projects and CIS installation activity throughout the organisational estate.
You will be required to undertake regular travel throughout the UK including the occasional overnight stay away from home. A full UK driving licence is therefore essential.
- To carry out inspections to ensure statutory compliance as laid out in JSP604, Leaflet 4800, create and maintain baseline documentation for sites and enable the Change Control process for ICT infrastructure change.
- Candidates must have an electrical/electronic or other associated engineering background or qualification and be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Defence Site Co-ordinating Installation Design Authority (SCIDA) delivery and the engineering standards by which the organisation maintains its legal compliance requirements.
- Atkins SCIDA qualification or evidence of two years employment as a SCIDA within the last three years.
- Experience delivering ICT Systems into complex environments and with other teams (e.g. Networks).
- Knowledge of security architecture required in compartmented certified environments; including policies and constraints associated with ICT Systems and working knowledge and evidence of using MoD JSP's 440 and 604
- A full UK driving licence
- 5 years’ experience of working in an electrical/electronic technical role or a network engineering role.
IET Electrical Wiring Regulations training
- Proven experience working in ICT Transition Planning and Support environments
- Evidence of ability to develop/maintain plans for migration of ICT Systems and undertake formal quality reviews of technical/documentation.
- Experience of IT Service Management tooling Remedy
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim SCIDA Engineer - IT Service Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.