- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim User Researcher -Hybrid Working – PSR1JP00058714
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: London – min 2 days a week in office.
A Senior User Researcher, is needed who can make a positive impact.
You will have a strong research background, with experience in the full range of User research and design methods and the ability to translate research findings into actionable recommendations and be ready to quickly get to work in an agile multidisciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
Specifically, for the current assignment, you need to have experience working closely with Service Design and Data Science teams, preferably within government, and have strong CV and portfolio examples to demonstrate your expertise. Previous strong experience in government as well as experimentation and ideation user research work, is desirable.
- Lead on research projects, working with a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers to help define and deliver the best methodology to address the specific needs in producing a responsive digital service
- Familiarise yourself with the project’s user research work to date and devise a strategy of moving the work forward
- Plan, design and conduct user research sessions, including guerrilla testing, user testing, focus groups and workshops, persona creation and card sorting on a regular basis, testing both high-level concepts, and aspects of the service as it is designed and developed, and developing and maintaining a picture of the users
- Collaboratively analyse the findings of user research to identify common themes and points of user contention and provide actionable recommendations to the relevant team members.
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service
- Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes
- Support the learning and development of less experienced and trainee User Researchers within the team
- Thrive working in an agile environment, using your own creativity, resourcefulness and initiative to maximise the quality of user research and its impact on the service development
- Be visible within the team and be able to engage, build trust and energise a team culture that is responsive to the findings of user research.
- At least 5 years of practical experience of qualitative research methodologies, in terms of design, execution and analysis
- Experience in taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
- Experience managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
- Experience of working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances
- Practical experience of quantitative research methodologies
- An understanding of service design, visual design, frontend development and agile methodologies.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim User Researcher - IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.