- Pay Rate:
£9.72 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
Temporary Finance Administrator – Resources
Reference no: Essex 8576
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive financial transactional and support service, maximising new and innovative technology to provide excellent customer service using a multi skilled workforce.
The Finance Administrator is a developmental role, delivering admin support to the P2P and Income teams, providing an opportunity to increase knowledge of all aspects of the service. Accurately inputting data relating to payments or income, in line with standard procedures and timelines, to streamline the customer experience.
- Deliver a quality service to agreed service levels, contributing towards the delivery of the business plan for financial transactions, in support of the wider organisational vision.
- Perform data entry activities, as part of an operational team, following defined business processes to ensure quality, consistency, accuracy, timeliness and high performance.
- Deliver general office administration processes and support to a Finance Team, by organising and distribution of post, answering basic queries by email and/or phone in a professional manner in accordance with team deadlines.
- Responsible for delivering all activities to meet defined deadlines, proactively reporting any risks or issues for early resolution.
- Contribute to the production of reports for P2P and Income and external customers, to support organisational performance, maximise income and ensure compliance with Financial Regulations.
- Work flexibly and collaboratively across P2P and Income to deliver admin support.
- Deliver and support implementation of changes to processes and improvements to the service.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to RQF level 1 or equivalent by experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Commitment to continued personal development within a working environment.
- Experience of working within an office environment is desirable.
- Experience of using IT systems particularly a finance software solution such as Oracle is desirable and a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programmes is essential.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with team members and customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
- Aptitude and willingness to work flexibly in multi skilled Operational Teams.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Finance Administrator – Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.