- Pay Rate:
Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 4 months
Interim Senior Software Engineer -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00056960 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £550 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid – 2 days a week in Manchester office.
The senior software engineer will be responsible for leading the low-level design and development of a number of iOS Native Mobile applications and supporting back-end APIs as part of the team.
The senior software engineer will work closely with Product Owner, Delivery Managers, Architects, BA’s and UX Designers to ensure that designs are fully understood and lead the development through to delivery.
- To be responsible for ensuring that any code is written following best practices, performant and scalable, inline with the Department’s standards.
- Code should be performant, and well documented. The developer will be open to code reviews as well as reviewing their peer’s code.
- To lead small agile teams in a timely manner with quality fit for use in an enterprise environment.
- Previous experience of working for a government department.
- Familiarity with native Android application development
- Familiar with WorkspaceONE/AirWatch
- Familiar with Certificate Based Authentication
- Familiar with integration with ADFS for SAML IdP.
- Must be able to develop native iOS mobile applications using Swift
- Must be able to develop REST APIs using NodeJS
- Must be able to develop using test driven development
- Must be able to develop against an API first architecture
- Use strict content security policies and guard against common OWASP attacks.
- Must be able to use Git
- Able to lead and mentor both front-end and back-end developers
- Must be familiar with developing native iOS applications
- Familiar with using XCode 13.0
- Familiar with Swift 5.5 to support the development of iOS application or iOS 15+
- Familiar with setting up and configuring a CI/CD pipeline such as GitLab
- Familiar with consuming REST APIs
- Experience with consuming AppConfig (Managed Application Configuration)
- Familiar with the packaging and delivery of applications using the Apple Custom App store
- Familiar with tools such as Fast Lane and Test Flight to deliver apps
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Software Engineer - IT
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.