- Pay Rate:
Up to £440 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 4 months
Interim IT Service Operations Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066028
Pay Rate: Up to £440 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Location: Hybrid – one day a week in York or Bootle (Liverpool).
An Interim IT Service Operations Manager is required to manage and co-ordinate support teams in the registration, investigation and resolution of major incidents and problems and co-ordinate activities with involved teams including implementation of "workaround" solutions and fixes.
- Manage all follow-up activities relating to the appropriate Service Management process reviews (e.g. Major Incident Reviews).
- Identify and support performance improvement opportunities and ensure compliance with quality management, risk management, security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and communicate through agreed channels the impact of incidents on customers and manage the expectation of stakeholders.
- Have input to and drive effective use of Service Management processes (e.g. Major Incident, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management) in order to optimise service availability and reduce service downtime and the impact of risks/issues. Analyse metrics, approve plans, report on performance and make recommendations that support a focus on service stability and a high-quality end user experience.
- Engage with key service management stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to review the performance of the production operational service, and associated risks and issues.
- Assess the impact of current issues affecting live service operation and the consequential effects it may have on the wider estate.
- Provide cover and assistance for the other leaders when required.
- Lead and develop teams to make sure that service level agreements and operational level agreements are in place with both external and internal teams.
Ensure all contractors carry out processes to ITIL standards.
- Collaborate with other IT service functions to make sure that services are maintained.
- Lead the day to day delivery of IT Services.
- Plan and schedule the testing and deployment of releases.
- Deliver new functionality required by the business while protecting the integrity of existing services.
- Ensure service asset and configuration items are controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about these assets is available when needed.
- Development and production of regular reports to determine how the UC services are performing
- Evaluating supplier performance.
- Ensuring Suppliers comply with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level agreements (OLAs).
- Assisting with transition to new/upgraded services in line with current strategy.
- Working closely with project teams in the development of new/upgraded services.
- Establishing good working relationships with Suppliers, Service owners and other key Stakeholders.
- Undertaking continual monitoring of supplier performance.
- Instigating and conducting service improvements.
- Providing input into Service and Supplier reviews.
Key skills & experience:
- Previous involvement in one of the stages of the development life cycle and/or in a service management support
- Meticulous attention to detail along with the ability to be a highly effective communicator
- Excellent social skills, with an aptitude for dealing with users, colleagues, customers
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
IT Service Operations Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.