- Pay Rate:
£12.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, Essex,
Temporary Business Admin Support Officer – Adult Social Care
Reference no: Havering RQ777850
Pay rate: £12.92 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
The Team requires an experienced Business Admin Support Officer to provide a reliable, high quality administrative and support service to Adult Social Care.
- Contribute to the development of the Business Support Team ‘service offer’ helping to professionalise and future-proof administrative and support services by participating in task-finish working groups.
- Identify any potential issues with administrative processes and escalate to Team Leaders.
- Assess any service complaints received and escalate to a Team Leader where appropriate.
- Promote the “Self Serve” ethos across departments.
- Responsible for owning and proactively managing and prioritising tasks to a successful conclusion.
- Share learning and best practice with peer groups as appropriate.
- Provide high quality, consistent, efficient and effective support services within agreed timescales.
- Support different front line teams and projects simultaneously.
- Provide high level specialist minute-taking support to all service areas across Adult Social Care.
- Compile scheduled and ad-hoc reports as required.
- Provide diary management and plan and facilitate meetings and events.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Able to work in a fast pace multi matrix management team.
- Able to multi-task and demonstrate a flexible approach to workload management to ensure various administrative tasks are completed in order of priority.
- Ability to learn and utilise different databases.
- Demonstrate a solution focused approach.
- Ability to provide high quality, consistent, efficient and effective support services within agreed timescales and to support various operational and business management teams.
- Ability to provide minute-taking support to various service areas and to support diary management, including planning and facilitating meetings and events.
- Able to deliver support services that ensure high customer satisfaction.
- A good communicator both verbal and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets and deadlines and to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Admin Support Officer – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.