- Pay Rate:
£114.78 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Walthamstow, London,
Temporary SEND Improvement Officer
Reference no: Walthamstow RQ766102
Pay rate: £114.78 per day PAYE
Enhanced DBS required for this role
May need to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as required
Responsible for embedding improvements and quality of the overall Education, Health and Care (EHC) needs assessment and annual review process, developing a local area audit tool and completing regular audits and observations of practice, and practice forums for learning and development of local offer and inclusive school practice. To ensure the service complies with relevant legislation, regulations and policies.
- Work alongside Team Leaders in implementing the SEND framework for the EHC needs assessment and production of the EHCP.
- Support, identify and provide support and training with line managers to the SEND Case Officers.
- Provide expert advice, guidance and support to colleagues, service users and partner agencies on issues related to SEND.
- Contribute to the annual revision of the SEND Strategy, the Partnership’s agreed approach to the provision of SEND services and support to families, to enable them to support themselves better.
- Performance compliance and quality assurance.
- Support the SEND Service’s agenda of inclusion within schools, to make certain that the appropriate school is allocated to the needs of the pupil.
- May need to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent or vocational qualification in relevant subject or area.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development.
- In depth experience of SEN policy development, implementation and review and of working with key stakeholders in the SEND process.
- Experience of writing person-centred EHCPs to a high standard and consistently within the legislative framework.
- Experience of communicating with children, young people and their families concerning complex issues.
- Experience of providing reflective supervision.
- Experience of navigating and interrogating databases.
- Experience of managing complex, challenging and sensitive meetings with relevant stakeholders.
Knowledge & Skills:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of current SEN legislation: Children and Families Act, Equalities Act, SEND Code of Practice, SEND Regulations, Case Law, statutory procedures and processes governing the provision of services for children with special educational needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role and remit of other professionals working with children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Knowledge of SEND legislation.
- Knowledge of the needs of children and young people with SEND and their families and of child development.
- Working knowledge of the Mediation and complaints process.
- Knowledge and understanding of the impact of SEND on children and young people’s educational outcomes.
- Ability to make informed decisions and contribute towards cross-partnership decisions on complex matters.
- Ability to analyse and interpret detailed and complex information and to use such information to benefit work objectives.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information and make informed decisions under short time constraints.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral format with a variety of audiences to ensure that key issues are identified and understood.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills that achieve desired outcomes.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, balancing using own initiative against need to seek management guidance.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEND Improvement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.