- Pay Rate:
Up to £578 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00058960
Pay Rate: Up to £578 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid – Any Hub and Travel to sites to be expected
- Deliver strategic goals pertaining to department and governmental targets on carbon reduction, net zero carbon and other sustainability targets (such as water, biodiversity etc) within the Workplace Transformation programme.
- Advise the Estates Senior Leadership Team on aspects of Net Zero ensuring an appropriate level of understanding and providing management and business insight reporting against Net Zero.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate policies, standards and targets are in place and communicated across the organisation and suppliers relating to Net Zero and building optimisation and engagement
- Lead, manage and maintain a Net Zero action plan for the Work Place Transformation programme to deliver the strategy
- Keep abreast of and ensure current and new legislation is communicated and acted upon as required ensuring the appropriate personnel (internal and supply chain) are trained appropriately and can ensure compliance
- Ensure that all areas of property management are driving towards the reduction of environmental impact and supporting the government’s sustainability agenda and targets
- Be responsible for ensuing that all carbon and sustainability reporting is complete, accurate, and provided on time into the work place transformation programme e.g. inputs into the benefit realisation, carbon and energy tracking of projects
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting is provided to the relevant stakeholders and ensure any statutory, internal or external reporting is provided on time, validated and accurate.
- Work closely with the integrator and wider stakeholders to ensure all process and data flows relating to Energy and Sustainability are accurate and robust delivering valuable insight as required.
- Work across estates to ensure a Net Zero approach is embedded in all estate activities such as strategy, refurbishments, projects etc. ensuring specifications support meet or exceed the latest standards and best practice.
- Responsible for working closely with WPT supply chain to ensure policies and processes are in place to ensure sustainability benefits are realised
- Maintain awareness of funding opportunities and how they interface with the delivery of net zero projects
- Drive innovation across department and influence across the team, staying abreast of technology advances and best practice, bringing them to the table for new projects, capital investment programmes, processes etc.
- Encourage the use of renewable and sustainable energy resources across the portfolio, driving innovation and championing industry best practice
- Responsible for capital investment programmes, ensuring technical and commercial viability and preparing and maintaining a capital investment pipeline relating to Net Zero and Utilities Reduction.
- Lead stakeholder engagement internally and externally to the team, driving an outcome-based commercial relationship with the supply chain.
- Maintain awareness of funding opportunities, developing business cases, writing grant funding applications and spending review bids.
- Build strong relationships with and work closely with FM Teams, Energy Managers etc. to ensure policies, processes are in place and followed and wider engagement is achieved.
- Build relationships with other government departments, share best practice and undertake benchmarking, promoting a culture of innovation and sustainability.
- Considerable demonstrable professional expertise in management role/s leading on sustainability issues and carbon reduction projects with a strong practical background of managing and implementing initiatives in a large organisation
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of BREEAM, ISO 50001 etc. with evidence delivering Carbon Reduction projects in a large organisation
- In depth knowledge and understanding of complying with related Statutory, regulatory frameworks and legislative or policy requirements with a preference for the Real Estate and FM/Property industry and Civil Service
- Influential and excellent communicator, able to lead key senior stakeholders, colleagues and customers towards commercial solutions that give a balance of optimal performance whilst delivering on business and portfolio strategy
- High level management and proven experience of driving key suppliers in supporting negotiations, managing/escalating issues to resolution, and establishing / engaging in key decision making with strategic consequences across a large portfolio.
- Evidence of delivering initiatives that are at the forefront of utilities, energy and carbon management setting prioritisation, delivery at pace and working to tight timescales
- Works and leads effectively and in partnership with supplier partners and subject matter experts to ensure best and appropriate course of action
- Leadership attributes and behaviours:
Strives for continuous improvement, innovation and efficiency, taking responsibility for managing and improving all relevant standards, policies, processes, and governance relating to the role
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the estates department and wider team ensuring that cross functional ways of working and processes are continuously improved and optimised – calling out opportunities for improvement and taking ownership where applicable
- Prioritize and role-model continuous self-learning and development to the team
- Manage responses to relevant FOIs, Parliamentary Questions, etc., ensuring relevant reports are produced and shared where required
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Sustainability & Carbon Lead - Hybrid Role
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.