- Pay Rate:
Up to £22.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-6 months
- MARCH, Cambridgeshire,
Interim Senior Policy Planner – Local Plan
Reference no: Fenland 5218859
Pay rate: Up to £22.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel, as requirement for site visits
This role is to assist with the preparation, monitoring and review of the Local Plan to a standard, speed and quality that is recognised for excellence, and the preparation of key Council policy documents.
- Prepare, monitor and review the Local Plan for the Council to a standard, speed and quality that is recognised for excellence.
- Work on other strategic planning projects and monitoring tasks as required, such as the preparation of Supplementary Planning Documents and the Statement of Community Involvement and assisting parish councils and neighbourhood forums in their preparation of neighbourhood plans and/or orders.
- Contribute to wider strategic housing and environmental policy and strategy formulation and corporate regeneration projects.
- Contribute to corporate and inter-departmental projects.
- Adopt a problem-solving approach to ensure that tasks and projects consistently achieve their objectives.
- Deputise for the Local Plan Manager as required.
- Prepare and present written and oral evidence as an expert witness on behalf of the Council at public examinations, hearings, committees and written appeals as required.
- Provide guidance and advice to customers and elected members on planning policies and related research matters.
- Work on other policy and research projects as required by line management.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in Town and Country Planning or closely related subject giving eligibility for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
Knowledge & Experience:
- A high level of knowledge and understanding of current planning issues and legislation, especially in the fields of planning policy and statutory development plans.
- Substantial experience of working in the fields of planning policy and/or statutory development plans.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience in either supporting local communities in the production of neighbourhood plans or practical experience in implementing a site selection and assessment process for site allocations as part of delivering a Local Plan would be advantageous.
- A working knowledge of GIS would be advantageous.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to analyse planning issues and information, draw conclusions and write reports in a logical, accurate and concise way, with sound recommendations.
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate with developers, landowners, other local authority officers and other interested parties including members of the public, and to develop good working relations with external organisations.
- Ability to work flexibly as a member of a team, according to changing work priorities.
- Able to exercise initiative and work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to organise detailed information either manually or using computer systems.
- The ability to explain planning policies and proposals to the public and present reports and evidence at meetings, public inquiries and examinations in public.
- Able to organise detailed information either manually or using computer systems.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- The ability to make site visits by car, bicycle or other acceptable means.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let me know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Policy Planner – Local Plan
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.