- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- NEWCASTLE, Tyne & Wear,
Business Support Officer / Admin x6 – Social Care
Reference no: Newcastle 6121313873897
Pay rate: £11.18 per hour PAYE
Full time and part time roles available
Hybrid roles - will be based at 3 locations in Newcastle: NE1 8QH, NE6 2SZ and NE4 9LU
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
To provide a range of service specific business and administrative support services to ensure needs are met in line with the Cabinet’s vision, priorities and values. The Team requires experienced administrators to carry out a range of duties with limited supervision, which may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
- Deal with enquiries, including technical queries about the service in line with procedures and protocols.
- Collate and prepare management information as needed.
- Work with nominated officers responsible for maintenance, repairs and security of designated buildings, giving administrative support as needed.
- Give confidential administrative and secretarial support including arranging and servicing meetings, preparing agendas and taking minutes as needed.
- Give interactive WP support to the allocated service using digital, audio or copy typing.
- Contribute to skills transfer activities by the demonstration of duties to support business continuity and to continually improve service.
- Give a professional and courteous reception service as needed.
- Account for, reconcile and make sure of the security of petty cash, stock and cash equivalents in line with Financial Regulations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge and excellent use of Microsoft Office applications with the ability to create, manipulate and update spreadsheets and databases and excellent keyboard skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills, with the ability to resolve complex enquiries.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to support meetings including production of minutes and/or action points.
- Understand the need to identify and embed new business processes.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer / Admin x6 – Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.